Odes Dominator?

R

Russ77

Jul 2, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I was wandering if anyone had any experience with the Odes Dominator? The only info I can find from consumers is on models 2014 and older. I'm guessing they had some junk models. I can't find anything about 2015 and newer. I just want to hear other opinions other than the manufacturer's.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I was wandering if anyone had any experience with the Odes Dominator? The only info I can find from consumers is on models 2014 and older. I'm guessing they had some junk models. I can't find anything about 2015 and newer. I just want to hear other opinions other than the manufacturer's.

I have never heard of them, I thought you were asking about tires. LOL.

Welcome to the club! Good luck with the information search.

Reactions: Russ77
rubicon05

rubicon05

Dec 24, 2015
Southern, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They we're complete clones of the Yamaha rhinos. Nearly every part changes over.....do not have any feedback on them though

Crow_Hunter

Crow_Hunter

May 18, 2016
Riding a Canned Ham.
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I don't have any personal experience with them however, a quick Google/Youtube search will give you some pretty good info.

Basically you will get a Chinese manufactured UTV that is loaded with great features/accessories when you buy it. If something on it fails, you are pretty much on your own. There is no robust dealer network, the importation company is not very reliable when it comes to warranty or even getting spare parts. If you are handy and have tools and are resourceful, you can probably keep it running. If you want something that you can just buy, put gas in and go, you probably won't be very happy.

Once you buy it, you are going to have to keep it. Unlike the major name brands, there is not a robust secondary market. You won't be able to trade it in and no one will give you anywhere near what you paid for it.

It seems very similar to the Chinese "knock off" market with lots of other products. No real designs, copies of other existing products in form more than function, whatever parts can be sourced cheaply are used, no two units are exactly alike. That is why you can't get spare parts because, unlike Yamaha or Honda, there isn't a set design with part numbers and warehouses full of parts. They are literally "built on the fly" in China. As long as the part will fit and mostly function, it is used. No quality standards, no testing, only price point standards. If they can get a tail light with wires for $1.50 they will use it until they can find a tail light for $1.49, when they get that, they switch, sometimes on the same unit. You won't find a service manual, because they don't have one. And even if you did, there wouldn't be any part numbers because they change so often.

If you feel that this is something that you want, you should go for it, but do it with both eyes open. You may hit the jackpot and have a unit that is perfect in every way and does everything you want.

Reactions: Deltamud and Tflynn

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!