P1000 Ohyeahjay's P1000-3 Build

ohyeahjay

ohyeahjay

Jan 20, 2024
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First post and just wanted to share my 2023 P1000-3. No immediate plans yet but always interested in what others are doing to make these better. I did get the Honda roof / Kolpin windshield (Honda one was planned but they had no stock anywhere at time of purchase). I just added a rear view mirror. Not many miles yet but enjoying it so far and look forward to many more miles to come.

IMG 6500

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
First post and just wanted to share my 2023 P1000-3. No immediate plans yet but always interested in what others are doing to make these better. I did get the Honda roof / Kolpin windshield (Honda one was planned but they had no stock anywhere at time of purchase). I just added a rear view mirror. Not many miles yet but enjoying it so far and look forward to many more miles to come.

View attachment 415629
Welcome to the club from South Florida

Nice buggy 👍🏼

ohyeahjay

ohyeahjay

Jan 20, 2024
Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for all the comments everyone. First items up to figure out is a license plate bracket and looking into a heat shield kit as it appears from my reading it gets pretty warm on the ass lol. I will utilize the search function first before I post asking something that has been asked a hundred times already but if anyone wants to drop links to products please do so.

kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Machine looks good and clean. I have a 2020 1000-3. It's a fun ride and I just upgraded the shocks to the Rough Country M1s that everyone is talking about (economical vs the Elka/ 814 / Fox / even RC Vertex)... Either way, the biggest thing to decide EARLY so you can learn from all the others mistakes is if you already know you are thinking about accessories like lights, radio, street legal kit, etc, plan to do the wiring / fuse block and clean switches with forward thinking prep otherwise you WILL end up with a spaghetti bowl of wires to rewire. As an aside, that is still a fun project as simply working on these things is a good distraction to the normal day-to-day grind, but I digress.

Enjoy it and have fun!

Lochsa88

Lochsa88

Apr 13, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Machine looks good and clean. I have a 2020 1000-3. It's a fun ride and I just upgraded the shocks to the Rough Country M1s that everyone is talking about (economical vs the Elka/ 814 / Fox / even RC Vertex)... Either way, the biggest thing to decide EARLY so you can learn from all the others mistakes is if you already know you are thinking about accessories like lights, radio, street legal kit, etc, plan to do the wiring / fuse block and clean switches with forward thinking prep otherwise you WILL end up with a spaghetti bowl of wires to rewire. As an aside, that is still a fun project as simply working on these things is a good distraction to the normal day-to-day grind, but I digress.

Enjoy it and have fun!
So how you do like the RC M1s? I've considered them, but haven't pulled trigger yet. I'm sure the Elka/Fox/Vertex are better, but i just cant justify cost. my base model shocks are pretty lousy, but we have fun anyhow. lol

kaspar139

kaspar139

May 10, 2021
Conroe, TX
Ownership

1. 1000-3
So how you do like the RC M1s? I've considered them, but haven't pulled trigger yet. I'm sure the Elka/Fox/Vertex are better, but i just cant justify cost. my base model shocks are pretty lousy, but we have fun anyhow. lol
So far have only driven around my subdivision in them, but I definitely noticed a difference in the handling. Taking turns had significantly less lean, so assuming they will perform better when handling the bumps/rocks/etc. while at my deer lease (primary use). Didn't have significant need for the leveling feature of the factory rears, so changed all 4. And, not that this matters, but they look better :-D haha