TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For the sake of added safety in transit, alone, I've ordered one.

Question is, are there and negatives or detrimental things that can result from its use?
Thanks

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: DDDonkey
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
For the sake of added safety in transit, alone, I've ordered one.

Question is, are there and negatives or detrimental things that can result from its use?
Thanks

I wouldn't think so.

Reactions: TxDoc
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have one on my Pioneer and Talon. I have not had any adverse effacts as of yet.
I do know you need to spray it intermittently to keep it working freely.

Reactions: TxDoc and Landman
Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
This is the park brake that I use.

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love mine. Especially useful as I just installed new wheels and I've been checking lug nut torque like crazy. Without Hill Billy brake, the sxs rocks. I now easily and quickly lock the HB brake and get solid torque settings.

Huge bonus is I can LOCK it and brakes with a padlock on the trailer or if I have a break down.

Reactions: TripleB
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Love mine. Especially useful as I just installed new wheels and I've been checking lug nut torque like crazy. Without Hill Billy brake, the sxs rocks. I now easily and quickly lock the HB brake and get solid torque settings.

Huge bonus is I can LOCK it and brakes with a padlock on the trailer or if I have a break down.
I have one works great out in the field.However me personally that’s where I use it,I do not use it for extended periods.Meaning I do not leav it on for extended parking.Being an old school mechanic,I do not feel great with it being on ,putting pressure on the hydraulic system.Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: TxDoc
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have one works great out in the field.However me personally that’s where I use it,I do not use it for extended periods.Meaning I do not leav it on for extended parking.Being an old school mechanic,I do not feel great with it being on ,putting pressure on the hydraulic system.Just my 2 cents.
Parking brakes on mainstream vehicles are mechanical,that’s all I’m going to say.

t-bear

t-bear

Nov 11, 2019
NE OK
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Yep. Agree. I only use mine sparingly. Good advice regrarding use.

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two questions
1-What is considered an extended period of time in this case?
30 minutes, 60 minutes?

2- What damage can result and how do you notice the damage?

Thank you

Last edited:
G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Two questions
1-What is considered an extended period of time in this case?
30 minutes, 60 minutes?

2- What damage can result and how do you notice the damage?

Thank you

60 minutes,just my opinion.Hydralic systems are the same as u use driving.I personally saw an arctic cat that had a parking system off a hydraulic system.Long story short 2 days later the pressure bleed off and it went a hundred yards down hill from where it was parked!A lot of things affect set hydraulic pressure,temperature being number one in this case.Hot being when parked.Overnight temperature dropped,as well as the parked psi,then the machine took off.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
60 minutes,just my opinion.Hydralic systems are the same as u use driving.I personally saw an arctic cat that had a parking system off a hydraulic system.Long story short 2 days later the pressure bleed off and it went a hundred yards down hill from where it was parked!A lot of things affect set hydraulic pressure,temperature being number one in this case.Hot being when parked.Overnight temperature dropped,as well as the parked psi,then the machine took off.
As far as damage goes,when u apply brake pressure you do not hold ur foot on the pedal for hours on end.The system was not designed for this.Just a lot of excessive psi for hours on end.

Hawk53

Hawk53

Lifetime Member
Jan 7, 2014
Alberta Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you. I appreciate your thoughts on expansion and contraction of brake fluid due to temperatures. Drum brake systems always had a residual brake pressure and i do not recall there ever being an issue that was temperature related. -30C to +30C.
Smaller systems of course may be effected more. Especially if the system is not in perfect condition. Ex: Moisture in brake fluid or poor bore sealing. A simple parking brake set up on my Pioneer is a back up to the parking pawl. I have applied the hydraulic pressure parking brake and left it for days and it was still holding. That of course is just my experience.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!