Opening weekend

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
As an avid archery hunter I want to wish everyone a wonderful season. I know a lot of the country opens up Saturday morning. I unfortunately have drill and won't be able to go. Just remember be safe guys and wear that dang safety harness. I used to be careless but I got two year old boy that needs his dad to teach him how to hunt. No matter how stupid you may feel please guys put it on. Invest in a nice one and you will never feel it. Now rant over with! I hope to see some bloody arrow pictures come Saturday around lunch time!!!

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
As an avid archery hunter I want to wish everyone a wonderful season. I know a lot of the country opens up Saturday morning. I unfortunately have drill and won't be able to go. Just remember be safe guys and wear that dang safety harness. I used to be careless but I got two year old boy that needs his dad to teach him how to hunt. No matter how stupid you may feel please guys put it on. Invest in a nice one and you will never feel it. Now rant over with! I hope to see some bloody arrow pictures come Saturday around lunch time!!!

Ditto be safe, I had trusty a good ole Loggy Bayou stand for nearly 20 years and about 8 years ago the band broke as I was a ascending a tree. Only the separate hand climber saved my bacon letting me do a 12 ft fall at my choosing. Landed hard but essentially unhurt. 12ft. seems like a mile in the dark. I could have easily gotten busted up or worse

Reactions: JTW
drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Always use my safety rope climbing/descending and clip in to my tree strap when I get in the stand.. Saw two does this morning. The cooler weather is helping. And I agree with the avid archery hunter part... I have a safe full of guns that sit during all deer season.. even during muzzleloader and gun season I use my bow.
20160930 0949341

Last edited:
Riverrat

Riverrat

Jul 3, 2016
UP of Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My son in law fell from his tree stand 5 years ago on the first day of season October 1, broke his back and is now in a wheel chair and always will be. When he was in the Hospital there were 5 other guys with similar injuries. Be careful out there guys!!!!

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
My son in law fell from his tree stand 5 years ago on the first day of season October 1, broke his back and is now in a wheel chair and always will be. When he was in the Hospital there were 5 other guys with similar injuries. Be careful out there guys!!!!

Man I hate to hear that! It's never good thing when our fellow outdoorsman get hurt that bad. Hopefully he can still hunt out of box stand built to cater to him. If not you let me know I'm sure I could make something happen where he can get out and kill a deer!

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be safe, my friend works in the ER, you'll be surprised at the amount of people come in there from falling out of the tree stand.