P500 Our SunF Street Tires

L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Dallas/Fort Worth area, USA
Ownership

1. 500
We live in a community where we drive golf carts & side by sides on our 52 miles of paved streets. We live on a couple acres along a major river bounding our community. I use the p5 to putt around moving dirt, cut firewood, Tend a few fruit trees and a few bee hives, or show friends around down at the river. I shoot an occasional feral hog in the back yard and want a good, portable, light source while processing the next one in the dark. So, street tires are best all around tire for our use.

We chose the SunF 25x8-12 25x10-12 ATV UTV Tires 6 PR Tubeless A021 [Bundle], from Amazon: HERE. (They were the tallest 12" street tire we could find).

Discount Tire mounted and balanced them. One of the tires needed upwards of 10 oz of weight. SUNF replaced that tire and I shipped the old tire back to them (at their expense). No problem in the exchange whatsoever.

The SUNF tires are radials and ride smoothly. We like the ride over the stock tires on the pavement.

IMG 3098 IMG 3100 IMG 3101

Last edited:
L

Lah2420

Dec 31, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
We live in the same type of community. I was looking at those tires and wondered if they were what I might be interested in. Wheeler came with aftermarket tires and wheels and they gave me the original tires and wheels too. I may run the factory tires around here until the roads run them down and go to the SunFs in the future. Thanks for posting and showing what they look like on the machine. If you don't mind my asking, what did Discount charge for mounting them? I use them for my car and truck tires.

Reactions: rtn001
L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
LAH2420, Discount Tire charged $10 to change each tire, plus balancing, which was $10 each (usually $15).

The store manager suggested I consider beads inside the tire next time. You can read about them here:
Dyna Beads: Miracle Balancing Cure or Tire Snake Oil?.

I once bought a GMC 4Wd pickup with mud tires on it...The previous owner just threw sand inside the tire instead of weighting the wheels with wheel weights. I think that might be what I do next time.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtn001
L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW LAH2420, I had a Hisun 500 for ten years...I put THESE STREET TIRES on it. They lasted for six years and still looked good when I sold it last month. I beat that Hisun and it just kept running, these are the pictures I took to sell it. You can see these tires after 6 years of use. The GBC tire is DOT approved, the SUNF is not.

IMG 3049 IMG 3050

Last edited:
L

Lburou

Dec 3, 2019
Ownership

1. 500
FWIW, I asked our security patrol to clock me with his radar gun. With the new SunF 25x8-12 & 25x10-12 ATV UTV Tires, my indicated speed was within one mph of his radar @ 30 mph. I'm happy with that. :)

Reactions: 1border4manu
GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
LAH2420, Discount Tire charged $10 to change each tire, plus balancing, which was $10 each (usually $15).

The store manager suggested I consider beads inside the tire next time. You can read about them here:
Dyna Beads: Miracle Balancing Cure or Tire Snake Oil?.

I once bought a GMC 4Wd pickup with mud tires on it...The previous owner just threw sand inside the tire instead of weighting the wheels with wheel weights. I think that might be what I do next time.

You can also use a 50/50 blend of antifreeze for balancing, and it comes with corrosion inhibitors in it.

Reactions: Lburou

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!