Outdoor kitchen countertops?

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
Well, the countertops are done. Overall I like how they turned out. There are some things I learned and some things I will do different next time. I used plastic sheeting to line the forms for ease of release. That turned out to be a dumb idea. Yes, the forms popped right off but the plastic caused the corners and edges to have gaps. Ground it and sanded it last night and applied 7 coats of sealer this morning.

On a sad note, we had to put down our lab Zeus on Sunday. He was by my side for countless projects over the past 13 years and this was the last one he helped with. While I was pouring the concrete my son and I grabbed him a put his paws in the corner. Might be my favorite part of the project.
IMG 8443

IMG 8449

IMG 8486

IMG 8487

Unnamed

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Well, the countertops are done. Overall I like how they turned out. There are some things I learned and some things I will do different next time. I used plastic sheeting to line the forms for ease of release. That turned out to be a dumb idea. Yes, the forms popped right off but the plastic caused the corners and edges to have gaps. Ground it and sanded it last night and applied 7 coats of sealer this morning.

On a sad note, we had to put down our lab Zeus on Sunday. He was by my side for countless projects over the past 13 years and this was the last one he helped with. While I was pouring the concrete my son and I grabbed him a put his paws in the corner. Might be my favorite part of the project.
View attachment 426733
View attachment 426734
View attachment 426735
View attachment 426736
View attachment 426737
Looks great.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 426733
View attachment 426734
View attachment 426735
View attachment 426736
View attachment 426737
Sorry to hear about the loss of the pup! 🙏🏻
He did an awesome job helping with those countertops though!

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

View attachment 426733
View attachment 426734
View attachment 426735
View attachment 426736
View attachment 426737
Looks good 👍

My condolences for the loss of Zeus 🙏