P500 Overheating with P500 AT HIGH SPEEDS

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Whats are the steps for purging.Seems to be all different opinions on the CORRECT process.
its different for each machine . on the 700 you can just jack the front end up high and let it run with the cap off. and top off as needed. most the time the air bubble is in the thermostat housing. so the therm doesnt open up cause the air isnt as warm as the water is. not sure if the 500 has a bleeder at the top of the therm housing or not but if not you should be able to do the same on the 500 as the 700.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
its different for each machine . on the 700 you can just jack the front end up high and let it run with the cap off. and top off as needed. most the time the air bubble is in the thermostat housing. so the therm doesnt open up cause the air isnt as warm as the water is. not sure if the 500 has a bleeder at the top of the therm housing or not but if not you should be able to do the same on the 500 as the 700.

Thanks

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
It does have a bleeder, so should I crack the bleeder with engine running and with rad cap off?
just crack it with motor off and cap off. itll allow the air to move out. then when you get coolant just close it and crank it up and let it get to temp with the cap off and see where your at. then toss cap on and give her a drive.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!