Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Mine 1000-5 Deluxe in Phantom Camo was ordered back in "early spring". It arrived at the dealership on 10/15/2021. I lucked into this one because the person who originally had a deposit on it backed out, and when I called two business days after it arrived, nobody else had put a deposit on it and I was able to purchase it. My understanding is that the original ship date from Honda did get pushed back once or twice.

I also had a 1000-5 Vapor White Deluxe that I had a deposit on at a different dealership that was ordered on 08/16/2021. When I called on 09/10/2021, nobody had a deposit on it (maybe they did but cancelled), so I put a deposit on it. It was scheduled to ship on 10/29/2021 but shipped early and arrived at the dealership on 10/28/2021.

C

cc1999

Feb 5, 2016
KS/OK
Mine came in last week.
I put my deposit on mine July 3rd.

My dealer knew at the time what was allocated to them or ordered, and when it was scheduled to arrive, as well as what they already had deposits on. I was looking for another Deluxe white one like I had bought back in 2016. They had a White one an estimated ship date of late August with an early September ETA, that date got bumped out a month to ship late September ETA early October, which got bumped out again, and finally did ship late October and arrived early November.

For some reason, I don't think ordering these is quite like ordering a domestic car or truck where you pic everything out, and place the order and wait for it to come in. I think there is a little more to the process on how it works on these.

Tom O

Tom O

Supporting Member
Jul 2, 2021
pa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
ordered june received it oct 16

Reactions: Lady01
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
For some reason, I don't think ordering these is quite like ordering a domestic car or truck where you pic everything out, and place the order and wait for it to come in.
That's because it's not the same. When you "order" a piece of powersports equipment like a SXS, you're not having a specific order placed with the manufacturer for a specific unit with your name, VIN, etc. attached to it like when you order a car or truck and then you wait for it to be built and get delivered. You're simply "getting in line" (on a list) at a dealership that has likely already ordered everything they want for the year and are just waiting for units as the are delivered. Your "order" and "deposit" does little more than put you on an internal list @ the dealership for a specific model and trim level. When one arrives, they call the guy @ the top of the list. If he doesn't want it, they move to the next. If someone has a deposit and cancels, they simply remove his name from the list, refund his money and move everybody up on the list. It's a totally different process than ordering a car or truck.

Reactions: Lady01 and cc1999
R

Red21

Aug 9, 2021
sioux falls, sd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just spoke with my dealer. When I talked with him two weeks ago, my estimated shipping date was 11-29-21. Based on last nights shipping update, the estimated shipping date is now 11-22-21. We'll wait to see what happens.

C

cc1999

Feb 5, 2016
KS/OK
That's because it's not the same. When you "order" a piece of powersports equipment like a SXS, you're not having a specific order placed with the manufacturer for a specific unit with your name, VIN, etc. attached to it like when you order a car or truck and then you wait for it to be built and get delivered. You're simply "getting in line" (on a list) at a dealership that has likely already ordered everything they want for the year and are just waiting for units as the are delivered. Your "order" and "deposit" does little more than put you on an internal list @ the dealership for a specific model and trim level. When one arrives, they call the guy @ the top of the list. If he doesn't want it, they move to the next. If someone has a deposit and cancels, they simply remove his name from the list, refund his money and move everybody up on the list. It's a totally different process than ordering a car or truck.
Exactly, no individual really has one on order, as you said your on a list at a dealership for one they already had on order. Or possibly will put on order the next time they have allocation to place their dealership orders.
I was thinking Dealers were allowed to order based on their allocations quarterly.
I suppose some brands might vary on that.
Quarterly , annually, or semi annually.

advertisement
C

cc1999

Feb 5, 2016
KS/OK
That is lucky, all the dealers in 200 miles of me were all pre-selling units that were on order. None of the the dealers had any in stock.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!