P500 P-5's clogging the roads in N.C.??

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Looks like this fall,a law comes into play here in NC to allow sxs on the 2 lane roads.BUT,a 500 in stock form lets it fall short of length restrictions.58" wide and 110" long is the mark.We will say it meets the minimum mph mark of 40.With side mirrors,the 58" width is met,and my machine with winch,bumper,and racks meets the 110" length.It will require that turn signals be added and be registered[taxed].Funny thing is,the law states that if the machine does not have a vin #,that the state will issue one.[have a stolen machine with filed off numbers?]We'll see how it goes,mine won't be in the program.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Just FYI the P5's have a VIN number stamped on the upper frame rail, left side rear wheel well area.

Is the NC law ok with just one tail/stop light?
My guess is yes,it only states turn signals be added.It also has to have headlights,and if no windshield with wiper,a helment must be worn.

Reactions: lee
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I did not know this prior,but the law had already been on the books ,but stated that the engine had to be 2200cc or larger.[Roxor].They amended it to do away with the cc restricttion.

Reactions: futzin and GrnP500
T

Tstover

Dec 15, 2018
Central PA
Ownership

1. 500
Must be nice. Here in PA. with registration and insurance we still can't even ride on a dirt state forest road. Luckily some townships are now opening up their roads. Here is what they recently did to appease us:

And yes, we have to pay an extra 40 dollar fee to use the 26 miles of state roads they opened, but only for 4 months out of the year
and only during daylight hours.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!