P1000 P1000-5 on order, should be here this week!

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Honda sxs,
Been on here quite a bit and finally pulled the trigger on a new 2017 p1000-5 Deluxe, in the Matallic Blue Color. This is my first side by side, I have had honda quads up till now. I looked at all the brands and there isn't one that will fit all my needs but this one is very close. Love the new blue color. My family was shocked to find I didn't order camo. It seems everything else I own is camo! Anyway one of the things that pushed me into another Honda product is the quality and value they provide. I just sold a 2004 Rubicon 500 for $3200 and bought it new in 2004 for $5500 13 years ago. You can't beat that value!!. Any way so excited I can't stand it.

I ordered the hard top
Under dash storage
Underseat storage
Aftermarket bed matt that has a Lip around the outer edge (No lip on the OEM one ???)
Aftermarket floor matts for the front
Grab handles

Down the road additions
Superwinch
A Arm guards
Windshield

Cant decide on a windshield, any input would be greatly appreciated, thinking about the Honda split windshield. Can you take the top part of the windshield off to use just the bottom part when it warm out?

Thanks and look forward to being a part of this community.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations, I am sure you will love it and the good times you have. As far as windshield - I have the Honda split hardcoat and it works well. You will get a wind effect from behind that will bring in a lot of dust into the cab. I recently installed the midpanel and it helps a lot with the dust and believe it or not some of the heat. As it gets warmer I plan on trying to ride with out the top portion of the windshield and the midpanel to see how that works.

I would look at skid plates and A arm guards in the future as well.

As soon as you think your through the adding on - something else you see - I just treat mine as a masterpiece in progress. Lol

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats and welcome aboard! I also have the factory hard coat two piece. When it starts to warm up I removed the top piece.
.And wham it gets hot the bottom portion gets removed as well.

Reactions: sharp
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad that you've joined the club. Great machine.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from Nashville, we need pics of the new rig. That's cool about selling the rubicon seems like y'all both got a good deal.

J

JTW

I would add skid plates, snorkel, parking brake and maybe a dual battery system to the down the road list.

I have the SuperATV flip out windshield and it's not bad... it's the only thing out there that functions the way I want. I wish they had it in glass... but oh well.

RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi Honda sxs,
Been on here quite a bit and finally pulled the trigger on a new 2017 p1000-5 Deluxe, in the Matallic Blue Color. This is my first side by side, I have had honda quads up till now. I looked at all the brands and there isn't one that will fit all my needs but this one is very close. Love the new blue color. My family was shocked to find I didn't order camo. It seems everything else I own is camo! Anyway one of the things that pushed me into another Honda product is the quality and value they provide. I just sold a 2004 Rubicon 500 for $3200 and bought it new in 2004 for $5500 13 years ago. You can't beat that value!!. Any way so excited I can't stand it.

I ordered the hard top
Under dash storage
Underseat storage
Aftermarket bed matt that has a Lip around the outer edge (No lip on the OEM one ???)
Aftermarket floor matts for the front
Grab handles

Down the road additions
Superwinch
A Arm guards
Windshield

Cant decide on a windshield, any input would be greatly appreciated, thinking about the Honda split windshield. Can you take the top part of the windshield off to use just the bottom part when it warm out?

Thanks and look forward to being a part of this community.
Got her home today so excited
IMG 0633
IMG 0635

IMG 0639

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
SWEET!!!!!!!

Where are you riding today?

Rayrule

Rayrule

Lifetime Member
Apr 1, 2017
Catskills Mts. NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Very nice ride. The Blue looks really sharp. Congratulations, you will love that beast

advertisement
RobertinNevada

RobertinNevada

Apr 16, 2017
Fallon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Looks great! You'll enjoy it I can't get out enough in mine.
I finally got this beast out yesterday and early this morning, I can see when you can't get enough, this thing can climb like a billy goat and be comfortable while doing it. Sand and desert on Sunday and Rocks and steep terrain this morning very happy with the way it preformed. Very glad I decided on this make and model. I look forward to contributing to this community. Have a great day!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I finally got this beast out yesterday and early this morning, I can see when you can't get enough, this thing can climb like a billy goat and be comfortable while doing it. Sand and desert on Sunday and Rocks and steep terrain this morning very happy with the way it preformed. Very glad I decided on this make and model. I look forward to contributing to this community. Have a great day!

What? No pictures from Nevada????

Reactions: Jshell3
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Love the color! Congrats on the new ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congratulations on the new ride!!

E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Definitely too much fun!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!