Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hello everyone. I’ve been on a list for 12 months for a P1000-3 and when 23 model in Kripton green was offered I jumped immediately and chose that color. Got notice yesterday Honda canceled my order for green and switched to red. I refused red. I currently have a 2016 P1000-5. What a bummer!:mad:

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Hello everyone. I’ve been on a list for 12 months for a P1000-3 and when 23 model in Kripton green was offered I jumped immediately and chose that color. Got notice yesterday Honda canceled my order for green and switched to red. I refused red. I currently have a 2016 P1000-5. What a bummer!:mad:
Short version of a long story - my red Talon got stolen and white was the only replacement available. It took me a year to get used to that damn white because Hondas are supposed to be red (in my narrow little mind). My point - you'll probably 'eventually' get used to any color and you'll be riding while you do. fwiw: I'm very color choosy and waited for them to find a red one even though they had a green one sitting on the floor - but that was pre-covid when we actually had a choice, those days may be gone for a while longer.

Last edited:
bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
For only $500, you can buy one of my special, "New Color In-A-Can" kits. It includes a roll of special Honda compatible masking tape, and an easy, just push one button and wave it around (sort-or), can of "miracle liquid colorant". And, this will be an experience (or expense) you'll never forget!!

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Got notice yesterday Honda canceled my order for green and switched to red.
Except you really don't order a specific vehicle from Honda. You put a deposit down and the dealership calls you IF and WHEN they get one in the color/style you want. They place their orders for many machines at once, and take whatever colors and models mother Honda decides to ship them.

Honda did not cancel YOUR order, per se. They may have cancelled something the dealership ordered, though, which may have been one that the dealer would have offered to you if/when it ever arrived.

My subjective opinion: Either Honda cancelled building ALL (or a large group of) 2023 Kyrpton Green 1000's (they still build those?) OR your dealer screwed you over by selling the one YOU should have gotten, figuring you would buy a red one (or whatever else came in). Maybe they only ordered a few, this was the last Krypton Green one, and the dealership owner's son wanted it. LOL.

Never settle for what you don't want. Some folks are big on the color they want, some would rather have A machine than wait another X months or longer for a different color. Only you can decide what works for you.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well... I guess I you don't want me to tell you that your dealer never placed an "order" to begin with.
Dealers cant "order" them, they can only request them.
And still, they only get whatever Honda sends.

So.. long to short. Your deposit was just a guaranteed of a sale for that dealer. nothing more.
Sorry.. Ya it sucks.

DRZRon1

DRZRon1

May 11, 2019
PA
Ownership

1. Talon X
Not sure why anyone would want the machines that are not red and thus down 15HP…….

Honda puts all the performance goodies on just the red ones - just weird

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Bunch a poop heads! I was hoping more of you would feel sorry for me. Lol.😆

I know how the ordering process works and our dealer family and mine are long time friends. I was tracking the numbers and it showed x amount of red models and then a green and I was on top of list but Honda dc’d the green models and changed me to red. I like red but I like green more. I love my 2016 white P1000-5 but want the additional 1000-3 for chore work. I simply have not seen any tan or green models available all summer. It’s mostly the crews and limited AWD models. Now I can be exited to see what comes in 2024 🥲

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Bunch a poop heads! I was hoping more of you would feel sorry for me. Lol.😆

I know how the ordering process works and our dealer family and mine are long time friends. I was tracking the numbers and it showed x amount of red models and then a green and I was on top of list but Honda dc’d the green models and changed me to red. I like red but I like green more. I love my 2016 white P1000-5 but want the additional 1000-3 for chore work. I simply have not seen any tan or green models available all summer. It’s mostly the crews and limited AWD models. Now I can be exited to see what comes in 2024 🥲
If ya REALLY don't like the red.....🙄😂 Get it and spend a cpl hundred greens to vinyl wrap the panels in green 😉 👍

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X

Road trip? I got a quote on this one, it's still in stock

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You didn't really want a @KRX wannabe anyway. 🙄

RIDE RED 🤘😎

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!