P1000 P1000 hauling options

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I am looking at different options for hauling my P1000 when we pull our TT. I have a 24' enclosed trailer also but I am strictly wanting to haul it on my truck when towing the TT. I have a new F450 on order. I have not had an 8' bed before and I am researching rack options. Anyone have a similar setup? I have looked at the racks that extend up and over the roof however I am not sure if that will be needed in my situation. I am hoping I can just build one that is slightly taller than my bedsides and let the machine overhang the back instead of adding the extra height of going up and over my cab. I also have an auxiliary 64 gallon fuel tank I will have in the bed however I built it so it will sit under a bedcover so I don't think it will interfere. Any feedback is appreciated!

Formula1

Formula1

Lifetime Member
Feb 24, 2020
SE Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I measured things out on a long bed truck yesterday. I think the overhang of the back will be too much when I have camper in tow. Mainly when making sharp turns. I think I will build one so the wheels rest just above the rear of the cab. This will allow enough room and not have it hanging out over the top of the cab any further than it needs too. Now the excruciating wait for my truck to come in!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!