P1k5 shifting problems. Please help

X

X502XGEOFF

Sep 6, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
2016 p1k5 revs between shifts. Thought it was clutches. Replaced both clutches, removed and cleaned lubrication system. Put back together and still have same problem as before clutch replacement. Thinking maybe dual clutch pc solenoid valve is the problem but not sure exactly what it does. Revs between gears in AT and manual and in between all gears. Does pc solinoid control pressure (speed) to the clutches? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Reactions: TripleB and TxDoc
X

X502XGEOFF

Sep 6, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
11-48

Reactions: TxDoc
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Sorry bud I can't be of much help on this.
Maybe @HondaTech

Reactions: TripleB
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Did this just all of a sudden happen, was there anything that lead up to it? How did the clutches and oil look?

Last edited:
X

X502XGEOFF

Sep 6, 2018
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did this just all of a sudden happen, was there anything that lead up to it? How did the clutches and oil look?
Clutch engage when taking off i never thought it felt right. I want to say it happened suddenly. I ordered pc soleniod and shift solenoid putting in today. I checked clutches when i took out and they were still barely in spec but changed to new anyway. Oil was pretty bad. Had a good ammount of friction material in it. Going to take apart the valve today. Hope it works if not im dead in the water. Thanks

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Clutch engage when taking off i never thought it felt right. I want to say it happened suddenly. I ordered pc soleniod and shift solenoid putting in today. I checked clutches when i took out and they were still barely in spec but changed to new anyway. Oil was pretty bad. Had a good ammount of friction material in it. Going to take apart the valve today. Hope it works if not im dead in the water. Thanks
Hey make sure to clean out the filter screen material too.

Reactions: Mudwing
advertisement
Major0887

Major0887

Dec 2, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-3
2016 p1k5 revs between shifts. Thought it was clutches. Replaced both clutches, removed and cleaned lubrication system. Put back together and still have same problem as before clutch replacement. Thinking maybe dual clutch pc solenoid valve is the problem but not sure exactly what it does. Revs between gears in AT and manual and in between all gears. Does pc solinoid control pressure (speed) to the clutches? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Has this been solved? Mine is starting to rev between shifts too. Mainly shifting between 5-6.

1Ktrailrider

1Ktrailrider

Dec 1, 2018
Pennsylvania
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Anyone ever find a fix for this? Mine started doing this many, many miles ago. Extra oil helps for a little bit but it goes back revving in between gears.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Have you tried the clutch relearn procedure? There's a video linked in my sig thread, Pioneers relearn the same as Talons.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Anyone ever find a fix for this? Mine started doing this many, many miles ago. Extra oil helps for a little bit but it goes back revving in between gears.
Do you have a PowerVision? You can adjust the clutch engagement with the PV3. Mine had what I can only describe as a "soft shift" from 2-3. I threw the PV3 on there and even with just the DynoJet canned tune, the shifting is WAY better. It engages much harder and my issue completely went away.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!