P500 P5 4x4 won't disengage

Celdridge1

Celdridge1

Jul 25, 2018
Markville,MN
Ownership

1. 500
Sometimes my P5 won't disengage from 4x4 even though the dashboard indicates it's in 2 wheel. I've put it up on blocks and without any weight on it, and the system operates as it should. I'm running 27" tires and have installed a Torq Locker. Any suggestions?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Pop your front skid off, slide underneath and you'll see there's a plastic cover on the backside of the front differential, I believe it's two 10mm bolts. Behind the cover is the engagement adjuster that the lever cable from the dash hooks to. There's a nut on the bottom side that can usually be turned by hand, back it off some and see if that solves your issue.

Reactions: Lburou and Fordman
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Did the P500 pass the spin test after locker install? Seems like if the internal indicator sensor is showing disengaged, it should be. Agree the spring loaded cable level @trigger mentioned is important, is the spring back in proper order? Does if feel different after backing up/driving forward after 4wd light goes out?

Reactions: trigger
Celdridge1

Celdridge1

Jul 25, 2018
Markville,MN
Ownership

1. 500
Sorry for not getting back to both of you. I’ve had Internet issues for a while. I will try these things and get back to you on how I’ve progressed. thanks again Craig

Reactions: trigger
Celdridge1

Celdridge1

Jul 25, 2018
Markville,MN
Ownership

1. 500
Hi, I was able to get at the front end today. Not sure what I did other than tightening nuts, bolts and cables. Seems to be working now.

Reactions: 500oneer and Mudder

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!