P500 P500 and P520 Wheels and Tires .

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
I am wondering if anyone knows if the P500 and the P520 have the same tires and wheels. I am looking for a spare tire for the P500 and have a chance to buy a complete set of stock Tires and Wheels off a P520. I am going to upgrade tires at a later date and this would be great because I would have the extra rims to do this.
Thanks for any advise.
1 one other thing.. How much are they worth ?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I am wondering if anyone knows if the P500 and the P520 have the same tires and wheels. I am looking for a spare tire for the P500 and have a chance to buy a complete set of stock Tires and Wheels off a P520. I am going to upgrade tires at a later date and this would be great because I would have the extra rims to do this.
Thanks for any advise.
1 one other thing.. How much are they worth ?
Wheels are the same, tires are different. Not in size I don't think but definitely in type. The 520's are more turf friendly.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Darn. I just love this forum. Ask a question and in no time at all you get help. Thanks trigger. You have helped me in the past. Are the stock tires on both kind of ok for gentle forest logging road trail rides in Oregon and the desert trails of Arizona in the winter. That's my plan IF my P500 ever gets here. Been 4 months now on order. Also, I know questions been asked over and over. Are wheel spacers actually worth it In your opinion. I am 71 and a chicken in the rough spots. I have Honda Foretrax 300 and never been in any scary places. Been using it for years. Totally stock except new tires a couple years ago. Lots of times alone hunting or riding. If it looks scary I just don't go.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Both tires are fine. The old P5 tires are BH's and a little more aggressive than the 520's which are more like an AT truck tire. As for spacers, if you go up you should go out. We all wanted more ground clearance but stay at 50", you can do it but it's not a fun ride in uneven terrain. Can't shift your weight in a sxs the way you can on an ATV. Giving it added stability makes it far more capable.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
If I go to 25x8x12 and 25x10x12 tires what would you recommend as wheel spacers. Not really concerned about width. Problem I have is my Toy Hauler door is on 72 inches tall. Can't go to a very tall tire. Thanks again for all the help.
Ken in Oregon

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
If I go to 25x8x12 and 25x10x12 tires what would you recommend as wheel spacers. Not really concerned about width. Problem I have is my Toy Hauler door is on 72 inches tall. Can't go to a very tall tire. Thanks again for all the help.
Ken in Oregon
Depending on tire manufacturer I went with ITP Blackwater Evo tires 9x26-12 on STI HD Beadlock 5+2 wheels on all four corners. Blackwater's tend to run on the small side. My enclosed trailer has a 72-1/2" tall opening, so very similar to your toy hauler.
Looking ahead, if you want a roof that you can leave on permanently, go with EMP either aluminum or plastic as their roof only adds about 1/2" above the roll cage on a P500. With this combination, I can get the P5 into the trailer without scraping roof or deflating tires.
I believe the Honda roof has detachable clamps to remove roof each time you load into trailer.

Garlicfarmer

Garlicfarmer

Jan 27, 2023
Oregon
Ownership

1. Looking to buy
Thanks so much for all the advise. I am still waiting on my P500. Deposit paid in early January. Driving me crazy waiting. Might just stay with stock size of tires and add 1 inch spacers. Mostly like to have at least 6 ply tires. I don't do anything aggressive. To old and normally riding alone. Don't really need ground clearance. Plus with the short door I have makes it hard to do much. I ordered the Honda roof just because of the quick attach hook up. Just love this forum. Can't wait to start posting pictures of my new baby.
Ken in Oregon in summer
Quartzite AZ in winters

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!