P500 P500 coolant drains and burp screw.

U

Urpine56

Mar 16, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
My shop manual is in the mail, but I can't wait to change coolant. From searching forums I assume you drain coolant from lower hose by driver side and drain bolt on water pump? Also, is that the burp screw on top of thermostat housing which is in hard to reach area without taking off panels?

Reactions: Mudder and TxDoc
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Yes and yes if after 2016 model from what I found.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
My shop manual is in the mail, but I can't wait to change coolant. From searching forums I assume you drain coolant from lower hose by driver side and drain bolt on water pump? Also, is that the burp screw on top of thermostat housing which is in hard to reach area without taking off panels?
Let us know how it turns out. I need to do mine as well, seems like hondas are difficult to get rid of air in the cooling system. Best of luck!

Reactions: Mudder
U

Urpine56

Mar 16, 2019
Mn
Ownership

1. 500
I got the job done today. No problems except for the burp screw is in an awkward spot. I also didn't replace the copper washers on the bleed screw and the water pump screw. I'll take my chances on a leak. Also, the system drains the most when vehicle is level.

F

Fischer

Dec 22, 2019
The woods
Ownership

1. 500
I got the job done today. No problems except for the burp screw is in an awkward spot. I also didn't replace the copper washers on the bleed screw and the water pump screw. I'll take my chances on a leak. Also, the system drains the most when vehicle is level.
Did you bleed it according to the service manual?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!