P500 P500 on Tracks in Snow

RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
idBuckshot, do you know the dimensions of your machine with the tracks on? If you don't would you mind measuring your machine and posting them? I'm going to be adding tracks and I am looking at trailers and would like to know the height, width and length of the machine with the tracks on....

IdBuckshot

IdBuckshot

Aug 28, 2018
Northern Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
idBuckshot, do you know the dimensions of your machine with the tracks on? If you don't would you mind measuring your machine and posting them? I'm going to be adding tracks and I am looking at trailers and would like to know the height, width and length of the machine with the tracks on....

My machine is 11' long, 5' wide and 6'4" tall with the Camso 4S1 tracks.

Reactions: 100Acre
RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
My machine is 11' long, 5' wide and 6'4" tall with the Camso 4S1 tracks.
thank you very much. I assume you have the side by side tracks not the atv tracks from Camso? I am looking at the ATV tracks from Kimpex. They are slightly smaller and will fit in my current trailer. I am looking into getting a smaller fish house with a ramp door and needed to know how big the door needs to be for the P5 to fit. Most of the smaller ramp doors are 64" wide by 76" tall. I think the ATV tracks make the P5 sit about an inch lower then the side by side tracks so if I am correct going off your measurements that should be large enough but a tight fit!!

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hopefully I'll be moving there to idaho and doing the same to my 500. @IdBuckshot where did you get the dog box?

RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
thank you very much. I assume you have the side by side tracks not the atv tracks from Camso? I am looking at the ATV tracks from Kimpex. They are slightly smaller and will fit in my current trailer. I am looking into getting a smaller fish house with a ramp door and needed to know how big the door needs to be for the P5 to fit. Most of the smaller ramp doors are 64" wide by 76" tall. I think the ATV tracks make the P5 sit about an inch lower then the side by side tracks so if I am correct going off your measurements that should be large enough but a tight fit!!

I need to pay closer attention to detail. I see you stated you have the 4S1 Tracks....

IdBuckshot

IdBuckshot

Aug 28, 2018
Northern Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
Sounds like it'll be a tight fit! Those sound like round numbers in my post but it really was within one inch of 11' long and 5' wide. And yeah, they're the 4S1 UTV tracks.

NPN

NPN

Mar 30, 2017
Manitoba
Ownership

1. 500
IdBuckshot, you did great on your video. So a couple of questions, It looks as though you are running in semi packed snow there on that logging road. How does it do in deeper unpacked snow. Also what gear were you pulling in the video? I am contemplating pulling the trigger to run cats here in southern idaho.
Just another voice from someone 2 winters into tracks. The P500 is only 475cc but it handles the tracks ok. 5th gear is a bit much for it unless packed and flat snow. I usually take off in 2nd. I haven’t had it stuck yet and was surprised how well it got out of 12 inches of slush on the creek. Tracks aren’t cheap and without side doors you will be covered with snow and wet so you might as well factor doors in the price. I have some mobility issues with my knees so taking them on/off is about a 2 hour ordeal for me. Also, the p500 isn’t quiet at the best of times so count on engine/drive noise about the same as running at 3/4 throttle...it does operate at much high RPM’s. All said, it accomplishes my purpose for having one all year machine, getting firewood with a sleigh, ice fishing and just puttering around. It is NOTHING like a snowmobile. I suspect that if used on a regular basis tracks will cause considerable more wear and tear on the engine/drive...but I only put on 150-200 miles per yer. Though they say it runs about 2/3rds of wheel speed, think half...it just doesn’t feel right running the engine at full throttle to get 2/3 speed. Great traction!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!