P500 P500 prefilter

I

idiggplants

Jan 30, 2023
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Has anyone put a prefilter sock over the air intake as opposed to the air filter? Thinking it would be easier to clean more often than putting one in the filter box.

Trying to cut down on dust getting into the filter but not wanting to do a snorkel.

Reactions: futzin and TxDoc
Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I have read about and seen people do that on YouTube. I think they used pantyhose.

Welcome to the club from East Tennessee.
When people first join we kinda like for them to do an introduction post so we can get to know them better. Also don't forget to include pictures of your rig that's rule #4. We like pictures.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
When people first join we kinda like for them to do an introduction post so we can get to know them better. Also don't forget to include pictures of your rig that's rule #4. We like pictures.
@idiggplants ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS #POIDH

As for your pre filter, many do a snorkel before the main filter. My old Bumblebee build can show u how I did a snorkel with a pantyhose screen. @trigger has something similar as well

Reactions: trigger
I

idiggplants

Jan 30, 2023
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
@idiggplants ☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS #POIDH

As for your pre filter, many do a snorkel before the main filter. My old Bumblebee build can show u how I did a snorkel with a pantyhose screen. @trigger has something similar as well
Thanks, yeah, I'm not trying to do a snorkel on it. No room between my homemade bed and rear windshield. Would prefer to keep it tucked under there and out of the way. Don't go through puddles deeper than the axles, only worried about trail dust.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thanks, yeah, I'm not trying to do a snorkel on it. No room between my homemade bed and rear windshield. Would prefer to keep it tucked under there and out of the way. Don't go through puddles deeper than the axles, only worried about trail dust.
If you use the search up top then, you’ll find all sorts of applications for the set up you desire.

Dont for those pics!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!

I

idiggplants

Jan 30, 2023
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
If you use the search up top then, you’ll find all sorts of applications for the set up you desire.

Dont for those pics!
PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN!
I've used the search pretty extensively to try and find the info. Couldn't find anything similar to what I'm thinking on doing. Most results for pre filters are people either using them on snorkels or putting the prefilter on the filter itself in the box.

Reactions: Red500 and futzin
I

idiggplants

Jan 30, 2023
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Don't have too many photos of the p500. Here are a few.

PXL 20240113 035052579 20230729 141540 20230701 202830

Red500

Red500

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 20, 2018
Greeneville, Tn.
Ownership

1. 500
I can't remember when or where but I know I've seen someone stretch pantyhose over the intake box behind the seat.
It my have been Appalachian mountain riders on you tube.

I

idiggplants

Jan 30, 2023
Pa
Ownership

1. 500
Nice, what year was that yellow, 16? Pups are ready to ride.
Yeah, they usually go in a trailer behind the rig, but they were rarin to go!

It's a 2015. I love the machine. Wish the suspension was better, but no way I'm putting the money in it that I'd have to to change that. Actually wanted to change the yellow out for something more muted, but now we call it the short bus on account of it being speed, comfort and visually "challenged"... So now the yellow kind of has to stay.

Although the rear bed and bigger tires make it a bit less special looking.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
no way I'm putting the money in it that I'd have to to change that
Buying WE’s or stage 3-5 Elkas yes I can see that. Have u looked into stage 1 or 2 Elkas?
More reasonable and worth it IMO. Almost bought a set before ai sold mine.

Reactions: Red500
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I've used the search pretty extensively to try and find the info. Couldn't find anything similar to what I'm thinking on doing. Most results for pre filters are people either using them on snorkels or putting the prefilter on the filter itself in the box.
🤔 well as long as P5’s have been around and u cant find that particular thing in the search, looks like your a candidate for contributing to that for others when u make one.

Reactions: pappyo
S

Splorin

Oct 14, 2018
Maine
Ownership

1. 500
On P-5s snorkels are more of a dust thing because the cloud finds the stock location. Us yella’s gotta stick together……

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!