P500 P500 & pressure washers

Bushbaby

Bushbaby

Mar 25, 2018
Elliot Lake Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
In the Honda manual it doesn't recommend commercial car washes or pressure washers on certain areas of the machine. I've been using a garden hose at around 60psi but it does not remove all of our local mud/dust/gumbo whatever. What is everyone else using?

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a wash mitt/glove thing that is a microfiber material and a brush that has soft bristles. Both were bought at Walmart.
I also have a honda powered pressure washer. I use the "lightest" tip on it and don't hit the radiator, any of the seal areas, or electrical areas with it. Essentially blast the heavy stuff off the wheel wells and the plastic and then actually wash it. I don't leave clumps of mud, but I also don't show room shine it either. I've never towel dried a SxS, ATV, or Dirt bike ever! lol

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
3000 psi, green tip, on atvs, tractors and sxs for years, no problems. A little distance from sensitive parts and flush the rear brake good if muddy, spray, roll forward, spray again. Have 21 year old atvs, no issues.

Last edited:
HUCK

HUCK

Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2016
ARIZONA
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Pressure washer and a little common sense . (good thing cause a lil is all i have)
For the final , make it look like new shine I use lemon pledge furniture polish . It makes it shine and makes it collect less dust AND you can get a 3 pack of the cans at box stores like costco for under 10.00 . Oh yeah and it smells good too :D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!