Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Figured I would put a few photos of the bed i built a while back. It is all steel, weights about 50lbs and is extremely solid.
The entire idea behind this was versatility and adaptability. I mainly use my machine for fun and wanted to be able to adapt the bed to where we are riding and what I am doing. Now and then I use the P500 to hunt if I am alone (We have a FXT Mule we mostly use for work and hunting) and wanted to be able to adapt it for that also. I am going to weld up some bow and gun racks soon but so far I have a decider, a rear gate and mounts for my cargo box and fuel packs. It is all costed with RAPTOR liner bed liner and the rear gate has two pins to secure it on the bottom and each side has a pin to lock it on so it has NO rattles and is very solid.
Everything uses quick clamps and can slide from front to rear as needed (basically a rail system)
Anyway here are some photos if anyone is interested:
IMG 1032
IMG 1034
IMG 1036
IMG 1037
IMG 1038
IMG 1039
IMG 1040
IMG 1041
IMG 1042
IMG 1043
IMG 1059
IMG 1060
IMG 1061
IMG 1063

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
That looks like a fairly universal rack you put together there. Nice job!
And with 6 gallons of gas you could spend 2 days on the trail at a moderate pace. Wouldn't that be sweet. lol.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Thanks. The idea is I can make new attachments easily (Crossbow mounts, firearm mounts, weed wacker mount, etc) and just change them out in a few seconds.

Reactions: Hondasxs
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
That is a pretty innovative design, should offer great flexibility!

C

Chooglin

Nice work and a great design !!!..............did you spray that with truck bed liner ?

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Yes Sir - I mostly use Raptor liner as it is fairly reasonable and works extremely well. Been using it for a few years on farm implements and ATV related items and it seems to hold up well and doesn't fade. The nice thing is if you by the kit (little over 100 bucks) the spray gun is included and works with most reasonably sized compressors.
If you are interested here is a link:
U-Pol® Raptor Spray-On Truck Bed Liner Kit

Thanks for the compliments guys

Reactions: HP5NC
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Yes Sir - I mostly use Raptor liner as it is fairly reasonable and works extremely well. Been using it for a few years on farm implements and ATV related items and it seems to hold up well and doesn't fade. The nice thing is if you by the kit (little over 100 bucks) the spray gun is included and works with most reasonably sized compressors.
If you are interested here is a link:
U-Pol® Raptor Spray-On Truck Bed Liner Kit

Thanks for the compliments guys
Terrific idea and quality work. I'm impressed.

Reactions: p500fan
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Thanks. The idea is I can make new attachments easily (Crossbow mounts, firearm mounts, weed wacker mount, etc) and just change them out in a few seconds.
Very very nice!! I'm interested in the back up lights, what are they.

solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Good job, as always !

advertisement
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
Figured I would put a few photos of the bed i built a while back. It is all steel, weights about 50lbs and is extremely solid.
The entire idea behind this was versatility and adaptability. I mainly use my machine for fun and wanted to be able to adapt the bed to where we are riding and what I am doing. Now and then I use the P500 to hunt if I am alone (We have a FXT Mule we mostly use for work and hunting) and wanted to be able to adapt it for that also. I am going to weld up some bow and gun racks soon but so far I have a decider, a rear gate and mounts for my cargo box and fuel packs. It is all costed with RAPTOR liner bed liner and the rear gate has two pins to secure it on the bottom and each side has a pin to lock it on so it has NO rattles and is very solid.
Everything uses quick clamps and can slide from front to rear as needed (basically a rail system)
View attachment 6335 View attachment 6336 View attachment 6337 View attachment 6338 View attachment 6339 View attachment 6340 View attachment 6341 View attachment 6342 View attachment 6343 View attachment 6344 View attachment 6345 View attachment 6346 View attachment 6347 View attachment 6348

Excellent piece of work Code54! The planning and forethought certainly shows up in your wok. Nice welding as well. I don't suppose you have any plans or dimensions around on it, do you? I wouldn't mind trying my hand at building one for myself. I do have the skill, but not the brain power to envision the layout. I especially like your adjustable divider.
Great pictures too. Thanks for sharing.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
I looked up the lights and found this:
2X 18W CREE LED Work Lamp Light Flood Truck Jeep Offroad Fog driving Bar 12V/24V - they were off of Ebay back in early 2015 -$22 at the time. They fit up really well and are still going strong so I would still recommend them.

As for plans - hate to say I don't have any. I just ran down to the local metal supplier and bought up some odds and ends and found the base in the scrap pile (lot cheaper). If you want some more info let me know and I can take some rough measurements for ya. Just sort of had an idea and started putting it together.
The clamps are from Kawasaki, kind of pricey but work perfect!

All I ever changed was I added some little rubber washers to the back gate so there is NO movement or rattle. It is still holding up perfect and with out any damage. One of these days I am going to build a bow rack that can quick attach to it when I get sometime.

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I looked up the lights and found this:
2X 18W CREE LED Work Lamp Light Flood Truck Jeep Offroad Fog driving Bar 12V/24V - they were off of Ebay back in early 2015 -$22 at the time. They fit up really well and are still going strong so I would still recommend them.

As for plans - hate to say I don't have any. I just ran down to the local metal supplier and bought up some odds and ends and found the base in the scrap pile (lot cheaper). If you want some more info let me know and I can take some rough measurements for ya. Just sort of had an idea and started putting it together.
The clamps are from Kawasaki, kind of pricey but work perfect!

All I ever changed was I added some little rubber washers to the back gate so there is NO movement or rattle. It is still holding up perfect and with out any damage. One of these days I am going to build a bow rack that can quick attach to it when I get sometime.
Thanks Code54. If it's not too much trouble, at your convenience would you measure the back up lights length, and possibly take a picture of the mounting configuration and post both? Thanks in advance.

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sure - will be glad to. If its ok I will get it all together in the next day or two as work has me on the road.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sure - will be glad to. If its ok I will get it all together in the next day or two as work has me on the road.
Absolutely, most appreciated!

Code54

Code54

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 31, 2015
Hurricane West Virginia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
Sorry for the delay, between work, family and a cold I was a little behind - my apologizes!
Here are some photos and close ups that may help. I took some measurements and listed them also.
You have a lot of give on the size of the bed. I made mine on the smaller size because I often am in really tight woods with off camber trails so the narrowness helps with keeping my gas cans from scraping trees and such.
Let me know if there is anything else you all want pictures of (or better measurements)

Lights
Lights 1
Gas mount 1
Rack 1 Rack 2 Rack side Measurements

Reactions: Fordman
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Sorry for the delay, between work, family and a cold I was a little behind - my apologizes!
Here are some photos and close ups that may help. I took some measurements and listed them also.
You have a lot of give on the size of the bed. I made mine on the smaller size because I often am in really tight woods with off camber trails so the narrowness helps with keeping my gas cans from scraping trees and such.
Let me know if there is anything else you all want pictures of (or better measurements)

View attachment 9715 View attachment 9717 View attachment 9718 View attachment 9719 View attachment 9720 View attachment 9721 View attachment 9723
Thanks for those pictures. I found that size on Amazon, will order now.

S

Skeeter

Oct 13, 2015
south louisiana
View attachment 6335 View attachment 6336 View attachment 6337 View attachment 6338 View attachment 6339 View attachment 6340 View attachment 6341 View attachment 6342 View attachment 6343 View attachment 6344 View attachment 6345 View attachment 6346 View attachment 6347 View attachment 6348

Relay like the design. Very professional. One question ? The clams you have part number are where I may find them.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!