P500 p500 vs p520

T

traveler

Sep 17, 2015
Has anyone been lucky enough to have driven a p500 and a p520? I would like to know if there is a noticeable difference in performance, particularly at higher elevation.

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
My p500 will do almost anything @The Green Goat p520 will do.
Unless he's not lying about the wheelie thing.

The power seams to be very similar and the weights are comparable.
In the end it boils down to do you want the dump bed and are you willing to pay the extra for it.

J

JRF

Sep 24, 2021
Canada
Ownership

1. 520
I’d be surprised if the ride and performance differences would be perceptible. Specifications are so close.
The extra dollars is really not all that much, considering the added new increased size power unit, and a dump bed.
The P500 served as a stout entry level SxS very well for Honda and it’s owners. However this new model IMO brings modernity to the entry level, and will attract buyers from competing brands, who have had a dump bed on their entry level units for years. I too can’t afford the next level up from within the Honda SxS lineup, the little research I did about the P500 and P520 led me to pursue the model that would keep me away from the entry level competitors. If the P520 didnt exist, most likely I would have the Polaris 570. FWIW

Last edited:
Reactions: crewcabrob
crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I’ve drove both. I would have bought the 500 this year if they hadn’t released the 520.

I can’t tell the difference, but I suspect that the extra power would only be notable when fully loaded or under the most difficult situations.

Rob

1border4manu

1border4manu

Supporting Member
Jul 4, 2019
Zephyrhills, Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My bother in law has a P520, I have drove it quite a bit on just on dirt roads and on the trails in the Ocala national forest. We did some switching back and forth between machines. We could not tell any difference in performance between my P500 and his P520.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!