P500 yellow buggy blazing a trail in about 21" of snow

D

Deleted member 3748

Nice! It's not easy to pound through that much snow.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Is that a 450 S foreman?

I've got one and that's a tough machine. Rides like a horse and buggy but super tough.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Is that a 450 S foreman?

I've got one and that's a tough machine. Rides like a horse and buggy but super tough.
2003 450 ES Foreman, yes crazy tough machine. I don't have a ride comparison but it could be smoother that's for sure

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
your p5 looks like it does pretty good in the deep stuff, I feel bad for the poor guy on the foreman (no cab/ heat) that was me for the last 20 years. I sold my 450s, 2800 very hard miles on the ol girl and it was still going strong, def. a bullet proof machine, hope my pioneer can out last it.

Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
Very cool!!! Thanks for posting. Gives me a little more confidence for the snow days :):)
Thank glad you liked it. I wasn't sure how it would do but I figured I would try it was my only way to get to my elder neighbor as we live up on a very steep hill. I told them I would plow their driveway and was determined to get over there. I figured if I get stuck I would find a way to get it out with lots of ropes and winch from my foreman or just leave it out there until I got help. It was a lot of fun.

It is kind of hard to see but on my way back I blasted through an even deeper section where I had a lot of snow plowed into a pile. I also got partly stuck at the very end once again a deep snow pile.

I found that using the brake hard while gassing gets the other front wheel moving. I got out of a few spots doing that. Now I just need to figure out how to do that with my foot out the door pushing. :)

Reactions: Dp5hunter
southforkspeedster

southforkspeedster

Thank glad you liked it. I wasn't sure how it would do but I figured I would try it was my only way to get to my elder neighbor as we live up on a very steep hill. I told them I would plow their driveway and was determined to get over there. I figured if I get stuck I would find a way to get it out with lots of ropes and winch from my foreman or just leave it out there until I got help. It was a lot of fun.

It is kind of hard to see but on my way back I blasted through an even deeper section where I had a lot of snow plowed into a pile. I also got partly stuck at the very end once again a deep snow pile.

I found that using the brake hard while gassing gets the other front wheel moving. I got out of a few spots doing that. Now I just need to figure out how to do that with my foot out the door pushing. :)

Did you ever get the driveway plowed, or did you play all day? :D:DThe video really impressed me. I will be giving it a go in the snow next weekend. I am sure that the type of snow will make each situation a little different, but............I want to see how she does. I have heard about the brake trick to engage the both front axles. Has any one heard of a true locker for these little machines?

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Did you ever get the driveway plowed, or did you play all day? :D:DThe video really impressed me. I will be giving it a go in the snow next weekend. I am sure that the type of snow will make each situation a little different, but............I want to see how she does. I have heard about the brake trick to engage the both front axles. Has any one heard of a true locker for these little machines?

Locker? Hmmmm....down here in AL we use a welder to make a locker. No switch or lever required, it's automatic.

Just joking, don't do it. There are many that do but I don't recommend it.

Reactions: Montecresto
Z

zxylene

Nov 28, 2015
Carlisle, PA
I did get it plowed but not very good by the time I got over we got another 4" and the snow got heavier it was a mess. The brake trick works but I had to put the brake on pretty hard. I would love a locker mostly because unlike my Forman it is hard to push it out by hopping off of it. My atv I can hop off press the gas and the brake while pushing and pretty much get it out if anything.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!