P500 P520 Axle

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Broke my right front axle today, I was turning around in a logging road. Had it in 4WD, I also have the Torq Locker, I was backing up a bank with the wheel turned sharply to the right when I heard POW, the right front knuckle had over rotated and busted the outer cv joint. I'm looking for an axle now, are the P5 and P520 axles the same. Thanks in advance...

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
Ouch! Seems like its an odd situation but one I might be in sometime.

Reactions: Smitty335
Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Ouch! Seems like its an odd situation but one I might be in sometime.
Just remember when backing up in 4WD, try not to turn the wheel all the way to lock, leave it a little before lock. I'm pretty sure that's what did it. There is no hard stop on the knuckles.

• Wow
Reactions: Smitty335 and PJ1
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
They should be the same but I haven't verified. I had to replace a rear on my P5, found it on Amazon for about $50, swapped out in a few minutes

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
You might want to check/adjust your toe angle. @lee pointed this out to me when I was having the same problem with binding. It didn't start until I installed a Torq-Locker and aggressive tires. I'd back up in reverse at full lock and when I went to go forward, I could tell something was binding hard. Turns out, my toe-out on both sides was too much and the torq-locker + aggressive tires magnified the problem. The knuckle would cam-over in reverse and as soon as I went forward, it would lock it in place.

Adjusting the toe-in helped immensely.

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
You might want to check/adjust your toe angle. @lee pointed this out to me when I was having the same problem with binding. It didn't start until I installed a Torq-Locker and aggressive tires. I'd back up in reverse at full lock and when I went to go forward, I could tell something was binding hard. Turns out, my toe-out on both sides was too much and the torq-locker + aggressive tires magnified the problem. The knuckle would cam-over in reverse and as soon as I went forward, it would lock it in place.

Adjusting the toe-in helped immensely.
Green Goat, that is exactly the problem I have. I'm going to adjust toe as soon as I get a chance, until then, I won't be turning deep backing up.

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
By the way, I installed an All Balls Axle that was listed for the P5 and it worked. I put them side by side before install. Going to rebuild my Honda axle for a spare.

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
By the way, I installed an All Balls Axle that was listed for the P5 and it worked. I put them side by side before install. Going to rebuild my Honda axle for a spare.
1. Got a part number for that All Balls axle?
2. Are the L and R axle the same?

Bad Company

Bad Company

Supporting Member
Mar 19, 2021
Wartburg, Tn
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
This is for the right front (passenger). The left side is longer. I needed it asap due to taking the week off to deer hunt with my son. I ordered it from Amazon. It was $130 something. And it was listed for the P5. Amazon.com: All Balls 6 Ball Heavy Duty Axle Front Right for Honda Pioneer 500 2015-2016 : Automotive
20211121 201548
20211121 201525

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!