BOX1

P500 P520 Squeaky Bed Fix

N

NeHunter13

Jan 3, 2022
Nebraska
Ownership

1. 520
The noise from the bed was driving me nuts so I did a little looking and believe I found the culprit. Not sure if this is the case on all the 520's or just depends on how they are assembled.

Cause: Where the latch engages on the bed, the hook is long enough that it makes contact with the other side of the latch causing a metal on metal area that give the squeak. See below:

Bed Latch

Bed Latch 2

Fix: Grind off small portion of the hook so it doesn't make contact on the backside any more. Doesn't take much, maybe an 1/8". I didnt get an after picture but here is the before and you can see where it was rubbing.

Bed latch 3

I only had to do this to the driver side latch as the passenger side wasn't rubbing and already had some clearance.

Hope this helps others with "squeaky beds"!

W

wvmountaineers

Jun 17, 2021
Virginia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for this! Mine just started squeaking on the passenger side latch. Will be fixing it this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DuffyPost

Aug 12, 2022
Fairmont, MN
Ownership

1. 520
I'm going to check that now, I suspected the latch system but so far have put up with the dam squeak. Thanks for the post.

Reactions: Smitty335
L

Lenny

Oct 16, 2015
Ownership

1. 520
Thanks I was wondering what was squeaking on mine.

Reactions: Smitty335
W

Wiley

Nov 14, 2020
WV
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for taking the time to share your finding, I'll check my latches closely now.

T

Twin Spruce

May 15, 2021
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 520
You dont have to grind anything, loosen the two 10mm bolts on the loop (not the latch hook) and move it slightly so that the hook doesnt contact the far side and tighten back down. I found this post and was about to grind mine but tried this first. I imagined it was designed this way to be adjustable. I had to adjust both sides about 1/8” towards the back of the machine.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!