P700 P700 easy initial service

obxguy2000

obxguy2000

Aug 24, 2015
Sanford North Carolina
Just got my 700 back from getting serviced. Got the details of what they did.... Keep your $ guys and learn to change the oil yourself. That is literally all that was needing to be done. Over 30 Honda SxS serviced by this one tech and he said he has never had to adjust the valves on one.

Now where do I purchase a service manual from?

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Learned this one the hard way. PM for best price on manual.

PS- There will be a group buy on manuals after the first of the year, unless I get deleted for doing it. lol.

Reactions: AndrewsSeed
Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
Learned this one the hard way. PM for best price on manual.

PS- There will be a group buy on manuals after the first of the year, unless I get deleted for doing it. lol.
I'd buy one

d_b

d_b

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 24, 2015
Utah
Not completely worked out yet, however it will be for members here only.

S

SEW

Jul 31, 2015
Just got my 700 back from getting serviced. Got the details of what they did.... Keep your $ guys and learn to change the oil yourself. That is literally all that was needing to be done. Over 30 Honda SxS serviced by this one tech and he said he has never had to adjust the valves on one.

?

That doesn't mean they didn't need it. Mine needed it. 1 out of 1 in my experience needed it. That's 100%. I talked to the service manager at where I bought mine since the diagram in the book of TDC didn't look like what I was seeing. He was helpful. He said it is very rare to find that they don't need to be adjusted. I'll check and likely adjust again at 600 miles . I do not enjoy adjusting the valves on the 700. I expect "this one tech" has an ethics problem.
Now consider what this means, "has never had to adjust the valves on one". Maybe his dealer doesn't require him to check the valves.
Right now we're two to one. The service manager, where I bought mine, said they virtually all do, and mine was 50% off. That's 2 of us. I trust myself much more than "this one tech".

Reactions: allgm1
allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
I agree with Sew, why not check them, they may not be flopping in the breeze enough to make any noise, but that doesnt mean they are still with in spec. I checked mine at the initial service, and maybe I'll look at the in a few years, but probably not.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!