P700 P700 grease points

insanetreefrog

insanetreefrog

Nov 19, 2020
Lowell, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Are there any grease zerks on a Pioneer 700? My Pioneer is squeaking and I'd like to try putting some grease where it'll take it.

Thanks!

Reactions: Smittyp
insanetreefrog

insanetreefrog

Nov 19, 2020
Lowell, AR
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where's it coming from? My last 2 pioneers, one of the ball joints started squeaking. The careful placement of a grease needle can get under the boot and fill it with grease.
Coming from the rear. I need to jack it up and roll each wheel individually to isolate the squeak.

B

Breal2319

Apr 24, 2021
Ownership

1. 700-4
where you able to isolate and fix the squeak? I have an annoying one that I am going to have to find as well.

KevP700-4

KevP700-4

Mar 27, 2021
Northern MI
Ownership

1. 700-4
Where's it coming from? My last 2 pioneers, one of the ball joints started squeaking. The careful placement of a grease needle can get under the boot and fill it with grease.

This is always a great idea. I haven't done it to my 700-4 yet, but on our cars I always poke a small hole in the grease boots of "permanently lubed" joints and add grease if needed. Only boots I don't poke a small hole in is the CV joints. This has served me well over many years and miles. I have never had to replace a "permanently lubed, no zerk" joint on any vehicle we have ever owned, and we keep those vehicles generally up to 200,000mi before selling.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!