BOX1

P700 P700 vs P520 size diff (700 purchase regret)

C

clarks

Nov 6, 2013
Couple quick questions. In 2015 I bought a P500 and found it too rough for northern AZ forest riding and too loud driving thru the neighborhood at 20-25 mph; so I sold it within months after purchase. I have been happy with my foreman quad with a pull behind trailer for picking up debris from our forest lot. But after getting a bigger part time property and seeing all these utv's over the past several yrs (and getting jeoulous), I just bought a used P700 deluxe to try out with the intent to re-sell, since I got a good deal on it. I'm just trying to find out down the road if this is what I should own or just go to a small tractor.
Main impression is - wholly crap this thing is big. Kind've too big for my taste. 2nd-driving in the neighborhood at 25mph, the engine is loud (since this is near the top speed; same issue I had with the P500). I'm going to test it for the next month to see if I would want one when I get older but I'm having a hard time with the size of it taking up most of my garage. Thoughts?

Any owners go back down to the P500/520 for any reason like ease of storing it in the garage or didn't need the big size? I'm 54 and still enjoy the ease of the quads (sport & utility) but I do get envy utv's.

All my toys are Honda's so I'm not looking at suggestions for other UTV's. I'm just conflicted. Keep my Rubicon or trade the 700 in for a 520, or go to a small tractor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 500oneer
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
I have a 4-acre camp property, a P500, a Foreman 500, and (more recently) a Kubuta L2501.

Couple of thoughts:

Keep your quad. They're too darn handy and fun (plus you already have the trailer/s).
Neither the 500 nor the 700 will do tractor things well at all. I have grubbed roots and disc'd with the 500 with (unsurprisingly) limited success.

I bought my 500 because I mainly ride trails made by quads.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!