P700 P700 won't upshift?

D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
I just recently purchased a new P700. I have noticed when going down our long driveway that I most times the P700 will not upshift when going down a the hill. I not sure what we have to do to coax it into an up shift. Any thoughts? Thanks

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I just recently purchased a new P700. I have noticed when going down our long driveway that I most times the P700 will not upshift when going down a the hill. I not sure what we have to do to coax it into an up shift. Any thoughts? Thanks

Is it a deluxe model with the paddle shifters? Either way, the shifting will get much smoother and more predictable after a couple of oil changes. Will also be a lot less clanging when shifting after it gets broke in.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smitty335
D

duratime

Jan 26, 2022
Monterey,CA
Ownership

1. 700-2

2. 1000-5
Not upshifting going downhill is a safety thing. Just blip the throttle and it should go ahead and upshift. You'll learn to appreciate the engne braking going down hills.
Thanks, I tried that, but maybe I have to be a bit more aggressive.

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!