Paddle shifter conversion

Dingo44

Dingo44

Apr 6, 2016
Does anyone know if I can add the paddle shifters to my 1000 and the switch on the dash. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Reactions: dotman1
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Does anyone know if I can add the paddle shifters to my 1000 and the switch on the dash. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
I'm sure everything is there as far as bolt up spots and being ready for it. Honda wouldn't make two totally different setups. But I have a feeling it would be expensive. Probably be way cheaper to sell and buy one with. However I'll tell you ours has them and they are fun at first but not used much. It shifts right so much of the time we just leave it. Plowing snow or doing really heavy things it is nice but that's really it for us and there are probably around 10 people that ride it offen but everyone is different

Donnie

Donnie

Dec 18, 2015
SW Missouri
Hmm, Yeah, I use mine all the time in low range on the trails just because I like being able to keep the RPM's low due to the throttle sensitivity. My wife however never uses it. To each his/her own I guess.
I'd say that adding it would be an expensive proposition, but I'd love to see someone undertake it and see how bad it is.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
@Dingo44 Welcome to the club. Like the others have said it surely can be upgraded but the cost may be more that it would have to buy the model that included them to start with.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!