BOX1

P1000 Pardon the rant but.....

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Want to really pi** me off? Simple. Take a credit card order from me quote 3-5 biz days ti ship Hit my card for the charges. Then hold my money for 2-3weeks maybe a month. Dont notify me of the delay or give me the option of going elsewhere. Add a little poor communication and radio silence to the mix Dont answer your phone Hide behind e mail and if course blame it on Covid when I do finally manage to chase your sorry a** down and get you on the phone. This has become an all too common practice across the board to float cash for operating expenses. Do they really think that we are that stupid?? Unfortunately there are people selling ATV accessories that fit the proflie. Im fairly new here so I will ask if this is the proper place on the forum to rat these people out to the other members?? I have 2 right now who are on their last chance to provide a reasonable response before I turn them into a literary project on negative reviews. I do not take in pleasure in harming someines small biz but poor communication is totally unacceptable. BTW. I typically get a live person on the phone- have them check stock. -give me a promised ship date- then place the order. I almost never use online ordering formats unless its someone I know and trust or its my only option. I know times are tough for many but I also inow that some are using the Covid card to generate interest free loans

Gabbas

Gabbas

May 17, 2020
Humboldt, Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Never hurts to let other people know of bad vendors. Especially if they can't communicate. That's the number one thing. Stay in contact with your customer. Let them know they are being helped/ thought about.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

Call your card provider and cancel or get a charge back. Most of them won't even dispute it, they'll just put the money back.

Oh and spread their name like herpes at an orgy. I hate people who won't answer my respondents after they've taken my money.

And if your going to use "COVID" as a bulls*** excuse (which it is) then don't lie and say its going to be there in under a week.

F

fsk1290

Oct 30, 2020
Grant, FL
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is why I use my Amex card for everything. If I sniff even a remote problem I can call them and a human answers in minutes. I tell them the problem, my money is instantly refunded and THEY go after them.

Now having said all that........... if they blame CV19 AND they communicate regularly I will give some leeway just so long as they consistently communicate. I ordered a new rifle and it took 8 weeks. BUT they told me up front it would be 6 weeks. When 6 weeks came and no rifle I got a call from them. Every 5 days after that I was updated until my rifle was finally finished.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
ishock.ebay ad says 2-3 weeks.took 3.5 months.worst online purchase ever.unprofessional doesn't even begin to cover it.

Don't buy from anyone with less than 90% positive feedback without doing some research. Usually 98% keeps me away. Ebay doesn't care about bad sellers and they're usually non English typing chinese junk. If you don't believe me go read the feedback on some 98% feedback score sellers. It's unbelievable what they're allowed to get away with.

R

rickoshea

Don't buy from anyone with less than 90% positive feedback without doing some research. Usually 98% keeps me away. Ebay doesn't care about bad sellers and they're usually non English typing chinese junk. If you don't believe me go read the feedback on some 98% feedback score sellers. It's unbelievable what they're allowed to get away with.
oh,i believe you.trying to get ebay to deal with crap sellers is a joke.i'm done with ebay now.

amgdriver

amgdriver

Oct 4, 2020
Amelia Island Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The offending party is Speed Straps I saw a podcast ftom Shock Therapy - great company- giving tips about the dos and donts about securing a s x s for towing. They were raving about the quality of Speed Straps. So i placed a 580.00 order after CHECKING STOCK over the phone. Got confirming e mail. Month goes by... no straps.. no backorder notice.. no return phone calls. So finally i start pushing random buttons and I get this guy in the phone. He starts laughing. Man that is a nice order. hold in please. After a lengthy hold he tells me that my items are all back ordered( 6 items) gonna be another month. No im sorry screw u or any sort or reason or apology. I sent a cancellation e mail. Got my money back thru PP. Bought China crap straps. big mistake Not worth 50 cents Tractor supply. figures. So i started calling around found bits and pieces of the original speed srrap order from other sources and had to buy some from SS because they insisted that they had them. Amother 3 weeks go by. Still missing orders from Speed straps and side by stuff Made status inquires. Radio silence from SS. Side by side stuff did charge my card and failed to tell me that goods were backordered but they responded in a very acceptable manner immediately offering a refund or a discount. I believe it was an honest mistake. By this time I have a confirming order from SS and a notice that order has been completed but no tracking number no return phone calls and once again they have my money
Im leaving messages nothing. Then after 3 weeks the SS order arrives Then a week later I get an e nail with my tracking number. Still waiting on sxs stuff but communicatioon has been good and I made the decision to give it a few more days cause I need the stuff
Bottom line- Speed Straps makes good products. nice looking pro grade goods But they tied almost 600.00 of my money up for months with their lame BS. Totally unacceptable. They sell every oiece of goods that they can make as fast as they can get it so you can go straight to hell if u dont smile and take it. Thats the attitude. If u must have their quality straps be prepared for a terrible customer expierence. The worst ever. I wish another American company would come along - make like or better quality stuff- treat customers like humans- and clean their clock. I hate the cheap knuckle buster China tie downs. If there us another good company out there i have not found them

Vendors should not charge credit cards until they ship the goods. It is dishonest. I hope people remember all this when this Covid crap is history

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
They should just be honest and state 3-8 weeks out from when order is placed, bet their sales wouldn’t drop off. I’ve waited 10 weeks for quality hunting gear but they were upfront about the wait and always shipped stuff a week before their est. My guess is they are made to order and got hit with a ton of orders, small businesses have hiccups and in the Amazon next day age people can be impatient. OP I agree with you, they need to improve their customer service and be honest but you also found the quality diff with quick available crap products.

Many small businesses do charge even if not in stock, I just ordered a shifter cover from a source many use here, had to PayPal him money even to get on his build list, many times the funding is used almost as a loan for getting material so they aren’t having to cash flow it themselves because they are small and can’t do it if a ton of orders come in. But, I know it isn’t in stock and was still willing to pay.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Agreed with everything the op said but the problem with waiting to charge until it ships is this....they would then have to record and hold your card info. Not for me. If they can't communicate I certainly don't want them scribbling my card number down somewhere. If it's not in stock I'll wait until it is. Modern transactions happen fast and card info is virtually hidden immediately.

Reactions: Biteme and Rick53
NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Agreed with everything the op said but the problem with waiting to charge until it ships is this....they would then have to record and hold your card info. Not for me. If they can't communicate I certainly don't want them scribbling my card number down somewhere. If it's not in stock I'll wait until it is. Modern transactions happen fast and card info is virtually hidden immediately.
Card info is stored in an astonishing amount of businesses. Want a small piece of proof? Buy something on your debit or credit card from Home Depot. Go back a couple of days (or even months) later and return it without a receipt. The first thing they will ask you for is the card you made the purchase on. Hand them the wrong card and I bet they ask you if it could have been a different card. Then hand them the right card and it will be refunded to the card with no problem.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!