P500 Partzilla

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
Over the weekend I ordered a Genuine Honda roof for my P500. Along with a couple of other items. Order was around $325. Their website states free shipping on orders over $149. They called today saying additional shipping would be at least $170. That’s BS & I told them so. Never order anything from PARTZILLA. Total scam artists!!!

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Over the weekend I ordered a Genuine Honda roof for my P500. Along with a couple of other items. Order was around $325. Their website states free shipping on orders over $149. They called today saying additional shipping would be at least $170. That’s BS & I told them so. Never order anything from PARTZILLA. Total scam artists!!!
Thanks for the heads up!

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Lol.
There is always hidden restriction and they do restrict oversized or heavy items. Doesnt make them a scam artist.
But I understand your feeling.

I once had a $1000+ order from them. Same email. Asked them to remove the large item which was $400 something. They said they would. Then few hours later they replied again and said it already shipped. Received it few days later via fright.

I'm fixing to give a $500 frame a try from them this week.

Always been happy with partzilla.
But I do advise any large parts your dealer is sometimes the best option after shipping.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Hope you were able to cancel.

aauman88

aauman88

Supporting Member
Feb 19, 2019
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been happy with them but haven’t ordered anything large like that. No way they can make you pay it so should be easy to cancel. I will have to look at the site and see how they state the restrictions for free shipping

edit:
Checked site and I agree that’s a s***ty way to do it. It does state restrictions apply but they shouldn’t let you check out without knowing what shipping will be.

Thanks for the heads up

0C2B840C C9A5 4539 8EA5 5D183ECED0D3

Reactions: Dp5hunter
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I've found it hard to go away from RMATV over the years. They may not be the cheapest, but stuff always shows up when it's supposed to, and things are always straightforward. About the only other place I go is Amazon, but OEM Honda parts are strangely hard to get there.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well. Looks like I'm ordering my frame from RMATV.
No mention of charging for oversized items.B1bc15f471e5f02fe67502a640af239d

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Well. Looks like I'm ordering my frame from RMATV.
No mention of charging for oversized items.View attachment 157349

Well.
I'm happy to report my order for a pioneer 1000 frame has shipped FREE from RMATV.

Talked to them on the phone to confirm address and all. No mention of any addational shipping via freight.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well.
I'm happy to report my order for a pioneer 1000 frame has shipped FREE from RMATV.

Talked to them on the phone to confirm address and all. No mention of any addational shipping via freight.

Sweet!
RMATV for the win!

BuckCreek01

BuckCreek01

Lifetime Member
Aug 19, 2018
Griffin Ga.
Ownership

1. 500

Just ordered the oem Honda roof from Partzilla for $357.80. Due to your information, I called them before placing the order. I was told it would be $175.00 for shipping but Partzilla was willing to negotiate shipping cost. Decided to pick up because I live in Georgia. Thanks to your information, it worked out well for me. Had a nice chat with Matthew @ Partzilla. Good guy...

seymore13

seymore13

Jul 9, 2019
Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Same experience. I ordered the roof from them and later got an email saying it was $172 to ship it. I just told them to cancel the order, which they did. I understand oversize items cost more to ship, but it's kinda BS that they say it qualifies for free shipping when you order it, and then let you know days later about the shipping.

L

Lah2420

Dec 31, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I know this thread is a little dated, but I had a similar experience with them, but feel I was lied to about the shipping. I ordered soft doors for my P5. Price was $390 and free shipping. Emailed to confirm and they confirmed free shipping, but the doors had to be ordered. Received an email a week later stating the shipping would be $197. I called and questioned them again about it and was told the doors were so heavy they had to be shipped on a pallet and as freight. Order was cancelled. A week later I was looking on ebay to see what others were charging for shipping. The most was about $55 with several under that. But most were close to the dealer price. I came across one for $398 and $6.95 shipping. Emailed to confirm and was told that as per ebay rules, that was the shipping. So I ordered. Box it came in was 44" x 50" x 5" and weighed 17.2 lbs. No pallet and no freight. And guess who it came from? Partzilla Marketplace. I will never order directly from them again. That, in my opinion, was total falsehood when they tried to justify $197 for shipping.

Reactions: trigger and TripleB
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Well.

Ok, I realize this is an old thread.
Had to do the google search “blah blah site:Hondasxs.com” to find it.
Got a bonus burning a hole in my pocket and I needed to order some stuff.
Wanted the no hassle shipping.
Wife is letting me think the bonus is all mine (yesterday only).

What up with there address check?
They add some charge to your CC and then ask you how much.
I’ll know how much when my statement comes in the mail.
What the h*** do you think Boomer means?

Side note, work announced no raises this year due to the bad economic situation.
In 09 they reduced our wages 3% for worker bees.
Now I’m management, they lost 15%.
Don’t know if it will get worse or not, may go back to normal by Easter they haven’t discussed the wage roll back yet.
So now mama is pulling back on the purse strings.
Spent that money in the nick of time.

Reactions: trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!