P1000 Picked up a new pioneer. Rolled it on day one

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
just bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe Saturday and took it out most of the afternoon. At the very end of the day went up a trail I shouldn’t have and took a bad line, flipped it on it’s side. Very gentle roll over and it was easy to get back up. Only damage seems to be scratches on the roll cage and a dent in one of the fender flares that I may be able to push out.

Pissed that I rolled it so soon but I figure it was bound to happen eventually and now that first scratch is long gone haha. Didn’t buy it to cruise the golf course anyway. Nobody was hurt in the slightest and we took it out again for a few hours Sunday.

The cosmetic damage is what it is but the question I have is what typically bends first in the front end of these things? The steering wheel is a hair off, but nothing looks visibly bent so I’ll probably just adjust the tie rod a turn or two to center it.

Now it’s time to start modding. Ordered a winch, fire ext mount, flag mount, and review mirror, going to need a bed extender so I can carry some supplies/cooler, and thinking about wheel spacers to make it a bit more stable if that really works.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. Spacers do work well. Pics or it didn't happen. :cool:

[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
3EE63901 ADBE 42B0 872B 43C94F46C8B6
Welcome from The Great Lakes State. Spacers do work well. Pics or it didn't happen. :cool:

[HASHTAG]#NTC[/HASHTAG]

What does NTC mean?

Trademark

Trademark

Jun 18, 2019
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
If it's just your steering wheel that's off, you can pop out the center cap and remove the nut holding it on and adjust it wherever you need to. Really simple

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Welcome to the club!
Ya if you’re running the good stuff there’s always a possibility of a tip. Buddy layed mine over last weekend again. s*** happens!
You’re alignment was probably off from the dealer anyways. Check to see tie rods are straight and align. I’d order up an extra and tools to change it out to bring along. It’s pretty common

HondaRed16

HondaRed16

Oct 27, 2018
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Welcome from AZ, I lived in Rockford for 10-years.

Damn-it that had to hurt your feelings a bit.
But now you can give it hell without any hesitation :)

Wheel spacers can be a good thing.
If you search the forum you can find replacement panels/plastics fairly cheap, even Honda doesn't charge much for most of them.

Be safe, Mike

S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Welcome to the club!
Ya if you’re running the good stuff there’s always a possibility of a tip. Buddy layed mine over last weekend again. s*** happens!
You’re alignment was probably off from the dealer anyways. Check to see tie rods are straight and align. I’d order up an extra and tools to change it out to bring along. It’s pretty common

I had that theory as well, I never really paid attention to whether or not the steering wheel was straight before the flip, so it may have come that way.

advertisement
RB3offroad

RB3offroad

Vendor
Nov 2, 2017
Tempe, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just bought a 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe Saturday and took it out most of the afternoon. At the very end of the day went up a trail I shouldn’t have and took a bad line, flipped it on it’s side. Very gentle roll over and it was easy to get back up. Only damage seems to be scratches on the roll cage and a dent in one of the fender flares that I may be able to push out.

Pissed that I rolled it so soon but I figure it was bound to happen eventually and now that first scratch is long gone haha. Didn’t buy it to cruise the golf course anyway. Nobody was hurt in the slightest and we took it out again for a few hours Sunday.

The cosmetic damage is what it is but the question I have is what typically bends first in the front end of these things? The steering wheel is a hair off, but nothing looks visibly bent so I’ll probably just adjust the tie rod a turn or two to center it.

Now it’s time to start modding. Ordered a winch, fire ext mount, flag mount, and review mirror, going to need a bed extender so I can carry some supplies/cooler, and thinking about wheel spacers to make it a bit more stable if that really works.
Welcome to the Club,

Welcome to the club, sorry it happened on day one, but as the guys said yes check your steering, Wheel spacers defiantly help with the not only the stance but the stability. Check out rb3offroad wheel spacers and we offer a discount for the group. Any orders over 120 use discount code taketen for 10off. We also have whip/flag mounts etc.... If you need any help you can also call us at 480-389-7486

G

graybear

Nov 20, 2013
East Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I rolled.my.Pioneer 700 on the first day I had it when they first came out. By myself i could tip it back upright so I walked out and to bring my RZR out to top it back upright. I

Reactions: VaHillbilly
S

SlowPony46

Jul 26, 2019
IL
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Got around to blasting all the mud off this morning and now can get a better look at the cosmetic damage from the roll. There are tons of scratches on the roll bar down to bare metal and one small dent. I want to paint that section to prevent rust. Thinking I’ll just lightly sand it to remove the high spots on the scratches and hit it with some black spray paint. Has anyone else painted part of their cage before?

Still have to look into whether or not anything is bent in the front end.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Got around to blasting all the mud off this morning and now can get a better look at the cosmetic damage from the roll. There are tons of scratches on the roll bar down to bare metal and one small dent. I want to paint that section to prevent rust. Thinking I’ll just lightly sand it to remove the high spots on the scratches and hit it with some black spray paint. Has anyone else painted part of their cage before?

Still have to look into whether or not anything is bent in the front end.
Have painted the cage several times no biggie. Don’t like dents in the cage though it does weaken it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!