P1000 Pictures of my new wheels

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Got the OEM tires mounted today and have an extra set now but I plan on putting them on tomorrow anyway just to see if the 1000 handles any better.

Also curious if the fat tires on the back and skinny on the front make any difference at all.

I'm not wild about the way it handles when I'm doing 50 on the asphalt amd it feels a tad unstable and I think it's the tires.

Just noticed didn't have any center caps on these wheels when I bought it. Seems tacky. The new set in my opinion is much prettier and was a great price for $300 out the door including lug nuts and stems.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The handling is night and day. Doing 50 now on the asphalt it's rocksolid and when I turn the wheel I don't feel ANY sway whatsoever.

Don't know if it's because the OEM tires have a stronger sidewall stopping it from flexing or simply because the big horns were higher throwing off the center of gravity.

The size diff in numbers you wouldn't have thought they were that much taller, but in reality, they look gigantic compared to the OEM when mounted.

All I know for sure is I feel much more safe at high speeds on asphalt as safe as I would with my truck. And no problems on the mud thus far either. Think I will leave on and save the aftermarket bighorns for a time that I do serious mudding as for now I'm completely happy with the OEM tires!

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Boy did I speak too soon! Went down a particularly difficult section of road just now (was raining heavy, severe angle and already muddy) to test the tires and they did immediately cake up and I got stuck for about 10 minutes. I haven't been down that section with the same circumstances with the Big Horn tires so I don't know how they would've done.

If it wasn't so much trouble to change the tires just for a test I would do it to see but I'm pretty sure the bighorns would've got me out because of so much gap between the treads, really there's nothing to cake.

I'm very curious about how I got unstuck and I'm going to post now in a different area because it may be of use for others.

Upstatefreedom

Upstatefreedom

May 25, 2016
Colton,New york
Ownership

1. 1000-3
View attachment 17655 View attachment 17654 Got the OEM tires mounted today and have an extra set now but I plan on putting them on tomorrow anyway just to see if the 1000 handles any better.

Also curious if the fat tires on the back and skinny on the front make any difference at all.

I'm not wild about the way it handles when I'm doing 50 on the asphalt amd it feels a tad unstable and I think it's the tires.

Just noticed didn't have any center caps on these wheels when I bought it. Seems tacky. The new set in my opinion is much prettier and was a great price for $300 out the door including lug nuts and stems.
Those are nice looking wheels! Did you stick with the OE offset? I would like to get new wheels someday. Would like to see a full shot of your PK1 with them on if you get a chance.

Plumber101010

Plumber101010

Lifetime Member
May 18, 2016
Western NC (Hayesville)
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I didn't really ever look to see if they peek out around the fenders but I don't believe they do! I think I would've noticed

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!