P1000 Pioneer 1000-3 Hard rear panel

TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thinking about getting the hard rear panel with sliding glass window for my 1000-3. Anyone know how hard/easy it is to put on /take off. Is it mounted with the same sort of hardware as the roof? This one PART # - 0SU95-HL4-102

Reactions: dotman1
ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
Probably very similar the hard mid-panel for 1000-5.
It was easy to install. Uses same rollbar clamps as roof, a couple screws and panel clips.
I think it took me an hour the first time but I could probably take it off and back on again in 1/2 hour now.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
TractorMan

TractorMan

May 19, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Great, thank you. Most of the accessories they list have installation instructions you can click on and view the pdf. The rear hard panel did not. You obviously own one so can I ask you does it help with the dust or make it worse? and how about the heat issue some are having with the windshield installed, would installing the hard rear panel along with the windshield break up the low pressure area in the cab area or make it worse?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I don't have the hard panel but he fabric mid panel is a big deal to cut down dust! Huge. I imagine it's probably even a little better. Stops the typhoon

ghost

ghost

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2015
BC
I don't have the hard panel but he fabric mid panel is a big deal to cut down dust! Huge. I imagine it's probably even a little better. Stops the typhoon
Agreed. Dust problem greatly reduced. Heat is still there - I added insulation and a bilge fan that helps alot with that.
I have the hard top, hard mid panel and glass windshield.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
N

Ned

May 12, 2015
West Kentucky
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thinking about getting the hard rear panel with sliding glass window for my 1000-3. Anyone know how hard/easy it is to put on /take off. Is it mounted with the same sort of hardware as the roof? This one PART # - 0SU95-HL4-102
I have the 1000-5 and the hard rear (mid) panel. They are the same for both units. Goes on pretty easily, some screws and push pin type connectors. You have to loosen but not remove a few bolts and slip it into place between the ROPs and the back of seats as I recall and then retighten. I think it would be exactly the same for the 3 but I'm not sure. I have the glass windshield and with the hard panel, I don't have a dust issue at all. With that said, I haven't had to do a lot of really dusty riding yet as I have been dealing with more wet than dry since winter.
And I would say that once you have put it on, repeating the process would be much easier than the first time.

T

TPWA83

I am stuck guys, i went with the bad dawg D.O.T approved windshield and roof. Like a tool i didn't look to see if they had a back window (which they dont) until i was in 6" of powder dirt last weekend! What options are available. I am ok with a soft back window if it fits good and isn't floppy like a flounder! Any help you guys could give would be greatly apreciated!

Pioneer

Reactions: Mudwing and Russ989
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am stuck guys, i went with the bad dawg D.O.T approved windshield and roof. Like a tool i didn't look to see if they had a back window (which they dont) until i was in 6" of powder dirt last weekend! What options are available. I am ok with a soft back window if it fits good and isn't floppy like a flounder! Any help you guys could give would be greatly apreciated!

View attachment 213274
The soft Honda rear panel is great, I’ve had mine for a 3 months or so and it’s been pretty tough so far. It fits well too.

T

TPWA83

Just got my 1000-3 last month what other helpful lesson do you got i am a converted Jeeper, i love the snow and the sand not to go fast but big tire creaping style driving. So i am curios about tires lifts, a radio any cool stuff that will help me show my Polaris riding buddies that my Honda is the real deal!!! Thanks for the advice!

Reactions: Mudwing
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Just got my 1000-3 last month what other helpful lesson do you got i am a converted Jeeper, i love the snow and the sand not to go fast but big tire creaping style driving. So i am curios about tires lifts, a radio any cool stuff that will help me show my Polaris riding buddies that my Honda is the real deal!!! Thanks for the advice!
Read away. Lol

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!