HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I have a Honda 2pc windshield on my my Pioneer 1000-3 and had a SuperATV 2 pc on the Talon X I owned for a few months last year.. Both machines are bake ovens in hot summer weather unless the windshield is partially opened to allow air flow.

The Honda and SATV 2 pc split windshields are nearly identical if you open the upper portion a few inches to allow air flow. The difference is the upper portion of the SATV shield can be disconnected from the center hold-down and opened to a fully horizontal position. IMO that position is only usable at slow trail speeds. No one wants full air flow in their face at 40 mph unless they're wearing a face shield. It's easy to lose an eye doing that.

Reactions: SP82
SP82

SP82

Jan 21, 2021
CA
Yeah the PBR product extenders almost double the opening over Honda oem. I’ll start with that. We wear helmets all the time anyways but I hear ya. I think we’ll be ok for what we do. Again if it’s to warm Honda made it very easy for the top of the doors to come off. Roll the back panel up and open the window. Most of our season is from late October to End of April , and we adjust on location accordingly. We rode all last winter in warmer and much colder (snow) environments and I got more I’m cold and wet complaints than anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!