P1000 Pioneer 1000 Display Mount Location

R

rubber_duck13

Nov 26, 2023
Eastern Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I will be setting up a P1000 for GPS mapping (using John Deere hardware, 4640 and a SF7000). I'll be mounting the globe on the front somewhere, most likely to the bumper (which is what I did on our gator before this).

As for mounting the display, has anyone mounted a display (like an iPad or something of similar size) in a P1000. I really want it mounted about dash height slightly to the right of the driver. Basically, I have my hand on the 4640 display and am pressing buttons constantly while driving at high rates of speed through corn and bean fields (along the edges and ditches), so it needs to be mounted securely and ergonomically.

It also needs to be fairly easy to install and remove as this is used seasonally.

Any ideas and solid mounting points would be appreciated.

Reactions: Rayger143 and TxDoc
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
RAM mount products are available for just about every conceivable configuration you might come up with.

GPSCity.com is my go-to place for RAM products.

Reactions: Rayger143 and TxDoc
fouled21

fouled21

Oct 26, 2023
Baton Rouge, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi, I will be setting up a P1000 for GPS mapping (using John Deere hardware, 4640 and a SF7000). I'll be mounting the globe on the front somewhere, most likely to the bumper (which is what I did on our gator before this).

As for mounting the display, has anyone mounted a display (like an iPad or something of similar size) in a P1000. I really want it mounted about dash height slightly to the right of the driver. Basically, I have my hand on the 4640 display and am pressing buttons constantly while driving at high rates of speed through corn and bean fields (along the edges and ditches), so it needs to be mounted securely and ergonomically.

It also needs to be fairly easy to install and remove as this is used seasonally.

Any ideas and solid mounting points would be appreciated.
I initally mounting my tablet down low like that. Here's a pic. I ending up moving it up where the rear view mirror is due to putting my phone mount there. Ram mounts for both. Here are some pics:

34010947  32bc3ce8 5b1f 496b 8017 c8162df03c7e jpg

Img 9931 jpeg

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Garmin Tread
Recently installed the 10" model in a couple Talons.
He's mounting a John Deere Starfire 7000 GPS receiver to a JD farm tractor. He's not looking for a GPS for offroad navigation.

Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
He's mounting a John Deere Starfire 7000 GPS receiver to a JD farm tractor. He's not looking for a GPS for offroad navigation.
The first sentence in his post
Hi, I will be setting up a P1000 for GPS mapping (using John Deere hardware, 4640 and a SF7000).

So once again I'm right, and someone is wrong. I'll accept my apology when your ready

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
The first sentence in his post

So once again I'm right, and someone is wrong. I'll accept my apology when your ready
My bad. He's installing the JD Starfire on his P1000. He didn't ask for suggestions on GPS receivers or solutions:

Hi, will be setting up a P1000 for GPS mapping (using John Deere hardware, 4640 and a SF7000). I'll be mounting the globe on the front somewhere, most likely to the bumper (which is what I did on our gator before this).

Perhaps @rubber_duck13 could clarify.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement
S

Scrappapotamus

The Scrappapotamus
Lifetime Member
Nov 2, 2022
Midway KY
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R

4. Talon R LV
I thought it was OK, might have to ask the guy who thought he'd lost one of them on the ride home.
View attachment 439837
I got home and had to head to the farm for the remainder of the weekend. Starting looking for it and remember laying it on the back of the truck. I wanted to puke. Several days later I was walking through the dining room and there it was on the table. I didn't recall getting it out of the truck and laying it in there, but I'd say it was a win. Thanks again for all you do

R

rubber_duck13

Nov 26, 2023
Eastern Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wow, thanks for all the replys. I think I should clarify a few things:
  1. I will be mounting a GPS globe John Deere SF7000, but I have a solution for this.
  2. I am looking for mounting for a John Deere 4640 GPS display in the cab that is very stable/solid and can support a display that is heavier then an iPad, is located on the right hand side and is in a location close to the 4x4 selector knob as ergonomically that is idea. I will be constantly pressing keys on the display while driving (so the left hand side is out of the question, as any farmer can tell you, we only know how to drive with our left hand and control things with our right).
I am really looking for ideas, Fouled21's pictures of the iPad are in line with what I am thinking of doing. I am putting this on a 2018 so the dash is a bit different then Fouled21 (his looks like a new style dash), but I thought about putting it on the dash where the big warning placard is. The concern I have with this location is that it is plastic, I don't want to have a $10,000 display rip out of the dash and damage the display. I was hoping someone knew where there is a good support with metal backing/support.

I plan on getting RAM Mount hardware for mounting, mainly, I am trying to find a good way to support it as these are very rough conditions.

Just for reference, I almost lost my GPS globe when I had this setup on our John Deere Gator and I had a pretty heavily built iron bracket, so it has to be extremely sturdy.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
dash where the big warning placard is. The concern I have with this location is that it is plastic, I don't want to have a $10,000 display rip out of the dash
It shouldn't rip out. My machine has taken some pretty good hits and never had a issue. You could put a small aluminum plate behind the plastic to give you more support and peace of mind.

Reactions: Scoop and Rayger143
fouled21

fouled21

Oct 26, 2023
Baton Rouge, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It shouldn't rip out. My machine has taken some pretty good hits and never had a issue. You could put a small aluminum plate behind the plastic to give you more support and peace of mind.
Yes, it shouldn't rip out unless it is especially heavy or you have a long arm. The aluminum plate or some sort of backing plate will for sure lock it in. My 1000 is the new style and the plate I have it mounted to is the PBR Cupholder. They have a ton of different plate mounts if you're looking that route as well. I've been pleased with mine. Here's a link:

PBR Cup Holder

D

dweber23tr

May 21, 2023
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How about mount it to the floor on a pedestal that has a brace going to the dash or seat?

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Post #43

Post # 93 is using the same mount in a different manner.

I really like the RAM mount and it has held up wonderfully.

Reactions: Rayger143
advertisement