HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm building a collection of rear view mirrors that don't work. I have three or four sets.

I know, that sounds pretty stupid but that seems to be exactly what I'm doing. I keep ordering sets of mirrors that I hope will work but they haven't so far.

The challenge is the width of fabric bands beside the vinyl window of the Honda fabric upper doors. I can't see the right side mirror from the driver's seat.

My fabric upper doors are black as in the photo on the left but the camo panel on the right is easier to see.

The fabric band around the vinyl window is not extremely wide but it's wide enough to block the driver's view of a mirror mounted on the A pillar.

Note to Member "CID' I was just viewing a video you posted climbing a rocky trail up a mountain side in a Talon. Your outside mirrors extend outward from the mounting brackets several inches and look like they might work.

Would you provide a link to he mirrors you're using?

Harvey

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Thanks for the link. That mirror would be fine on the driver's side but only the outside 1" or so of the passenger side would be visible from the driver's seat.

I'm using a set with a 5" flat extension arm purchased from Rocky Mountain ATV which are better than anything else I've tried but still not good enough. The passenger side mirror is only partly visible from the driver's seat.

Reactions: Lady01
tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was in the same boat as you with trying to find a set of mirrors that would work. A friend of mine has the same set up and tried about every combination that Amazon had, but was never really satisfied. He put the extension on the passenger door, but if the they opened the door too much it would hit or the door would get caught on the mirror. I wanted something else, so here is what I came up with. I made it like it should be with the mirror on the door. I had the honda mirrors so in the winter I put them on the door and in the summer I move them back to the honda mount. I just made this little piece and riveted it to the inside of the door frame. Just my 2 cents.

Thumbnail 20200120 110115 Thumbnail 20200120 110202 Thumbnail 20200116 064036

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That is the perfect solution! I'm impressed!

You described exactly what I've experienced in trying to find working mirrors and created a proper solution. As soon as I read your post and looked over the photos I looked at your profile to see where you live. Sadly for me, you're probably 2,000+ miles west.

I don't have the ability to make that inside bracket/mirror mount and am not aware of a machine shop or welder-fabricator in southern WV where I live now who could or would make it for me.

Would you make another pair for me? I'll pay any price within reason you want for them with a smile on my face.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That is the perfect solution! I'm impressed!

You described exactly what I've experienced in trying to find working mirrors and created a proper solution. As soon as I read your post and looked over the photos I looked at your profile to see where you live. Sadly for me, you're probably 2,000+ miles west.

I don't have the ability to make that inside bracket/mirror mount and am not aware of a machine shop or welder-fabricator in southern WV where I live now who could or would make it for me.

Would you make another pair for me? I'll pay any price within reason you want for them with a smile on my face.
Another option might be to visit most any nearby sheet metal fab or machine shop and ask them to make the bracket for you . . . you'd need to get the door or vehicle there for them. Alternately, if you are on one of those social group things like Nextdoor, you might find some old retired metalworker who would knock it out for a few bucks.

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
That would be easy back in Texas before we moved or most locations in the USA. I have not found a sheet metal fabrication or machine shop here.

Reactions: ChadD and Lady01

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!