P1000 Pioneer 1000 stalls Only 15 miles on machine

O

Outdrsman

Lifetime Member
Apr 26, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Starts out ok shift fine but as soon as warms up shift hard and stalls only 15 miles on machine did get engine code 23 once after warmed up only move 20 foot then stalls any good ideas what could cause this only stalls when in gear forward or reverse

Last edited:
Reactions: Isaiah
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
Depending on how far away your dealer is, this is his problem, not yours. I'd be disappointed but I'd also be camped on my dealer's porch. It's also why I bought from my nearest, reputable dealer. I might have saved money going elsewhere but then I'd have no leverage in a situation like this. I hope it's a quick and simple fix.

H

HondaTech

23 is oxygen sensor, which I've seen from units that don't get warmed up running around on short trips. So I'd probably forget about it for now.

If you want a quick sanity check before hauling it back to the dealer, check the battery cables for tightness. Put a 10mm socket on them, a screwdriver won't be tight enough.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ended up being loose battery terminal
Glad you got it fixed. These machines are showing poor workmanship in a few areas, but they are mostly common problems that have been answered on this site. While you've got wires on the brain, you may want to check/tighten your three ground cable bolts. (At the engine and chassis ends.) This is a common issue that arises and it will make your machine act in ways you wouldn't think would be a loose ground!!! There is a diagram on this site as to where they are located. I'll try to post a link.

Reactions: TripleB
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
23 is oxygen sensor, which I've seen from units that don't get warmed up running around on short trips. So I'd probably forget about it for now.

If you want a quick sanity check before hauling it back to the dealer, check the battery cables for tightness. Put a 10mm socket on them, a screwdriver won't be tight enough.
Bam! U called that 1.

Reactions: 0860silverado

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Glad you got it fixed. These machines are showing poor workmanship in a few areas, but they are mostly common problems that have been answered on this site. While you've got wires on the brain, you may want to check/tighten your three ground cable bolts. (At the engine and chassis ends.) This is a common issue that arises and it will make your machine act in ways you wouldn't think would be a loose ground!!! There is a diagram on this site as to where they are located. I'll try to post a link.
Awww shucks...I can't find the post with the diagram. Sorry. Someone help please?!!

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Did you find the diagram with the ground locations??
Dude! That post you tagged was almost 4yrs ago:eek: If he remembers that, he’s Fucin good! Just sayn;)
Now if that was a Married lady, she would. Thats why they make great archaeologist cuz there good at digging up the past! 🤣
For the record, my wife is good at that:oops:

advertisement