P1000 Pioneer 1000 3 forest, front shock replacement only

F

Fwood

Feb 3, 2024
Southwest Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone replaced just the front shocks on their 1000 forest? If so was there any noticeable ride improvement? If so what shocks did you use? I am a new guy with a 2023 forest.

Thanks in advance, Jon

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
Greetings and welcome to the forums from Michigan.

Depends on how you plan to use it. Around the property/ranch/farm? On the trails and forest?

Fox QS3 are popular (and factor on the Trail and some previous 1000's), but I would put them all all four corners, not just the front. They are adjustable to provide lift to run larger tires/wheels in conjunction with other mods (e.g., SuperATV high clearance forward offset A-Arms).

Better post a welcome post along with pics of that 2023 Forest or the HondaSXS.com sheriff will be along to ticket ya! :)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Once you change the front shocks you will want the rears very shortly after. Been there done that
☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻THIS☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻☝🏻
And @Fwood (weird saying that🤣)
Always use the search up top first, 9 out of 10 will have your answer also.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did search, I didn’t see what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it. That’s why I asked.
One.

Reactions: Scoop and NTCPrezJB
F

Fwood

Feb 3, 2024
Southwest Colorado
Ownership

1. 1000-3
One.

Well that didn’t come up the way I searched it. Thanks

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I did search, I didn’t see what I was looking for. Maybe I missed it. That’s why I asked.
Lol, I posted one for ya. Just type “Front shocks only” up top. There are 10 pages of threads. You have to read them or just a few to see what your looking for. Most of them are not going to just pop out at ya, you have to read. Your new so u dont know. Shocks and tires are a hot topic here, alot of the same questions over the last 10yrs on the subjects.
All that is stored in the search. People hate when we say that, but the facts speak for themselves and we are nice about it imo, should see it on other forums🤣. If your stuck just ask like you fid and we will be glad to help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!