solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi All

Just wanted to share my new video about making a custom windshield for my P500. It's not perfect but I hope it might give you some ideas on making your own.

Kind regards

Ovo

May be its not perfect, but its functional and you did it :). Love it! Good job!

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Always have more pride with something you made then something you bought

J

Jdurbin

Oct 14, 2015
Hi All

Just wanted to share my new video about making a custom windshield for my P500. It's not perfect but I hope it might give you some
Always have more pride with something you made then something you bought
Hi All

Just wanted to share my new video about making a custom windshield for my P500. It's not perfect but I hope it might give you some ideas on making your own.

Kind regards

Ovo
I made my own also. Just wish the lexan didn't scratch so easily. I bought the honda quick connect clips at a local dealer. Pretty nice that way it's easy to take off. Uses 10mm bolts. Easy to attach. The clips were $8 a piece.

CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
I made my own also. Just wish the lexan didn't scratch so easily. I bought the honda quick connect clips at a local dealer. Pretty nice that way it's easy to take off. Uses 10mm bolts. Easy to attach. The clips were $8 a piece.

Hey do you have the part number or an image of those clips?

Thanks

Ovo

J

Jdurbin

Oct 14, 2015

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 231
moparornocar

moparornocar

RIP....Rocmar...
Lifetime Member
Jan 26, 2016
Augusta, Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Nice job! Please tell me what thickness of plexiglass did you use? Also, I found a way to make them scratch resistant. Scotch Brite the whole thing down and clear it with automotive clear coat.

advertisement
CptOvo

CptOvo

Sep 20, 2015
Canada, Alberta
Ownership

1. 500
Nice job! Please tell me what thickness of plexiglass did you use? Also, I found a way to make them scratch resistant. Scotch Brite the whole thing down and clear it with automotive clear coat.

I think it was 3/16". Interesting about the clear coat! I might try that on a sample and see what happens.

Ovo

JCart

JCart

Lifetime Member
Jul 14, 2014
Kamloops, BC Canada.
Ownership

1. 500
Nice job Ovo! especially the bend, you can also get Marguard Lexan that is scratch resistant although it more dough of course. The Honda ROPS clamps are really nice I ordered a bunch from eastern USA, last year like $10.00 per landed to my door. Local Honda Dealership wanted $18.00 per plus tax and I'd had to wait...and pay shipping as I recall.... Um not!

I've made 3 sections similar to yours although not as nice that stack, so in summer can pull the middle section (it's marguard). I think the next version will be thicker Lexan frame that can flip up (set on aluminum angle on top ROPS clamps) with auto glass center section, then integrate wiper.

Anyways great video and job,
Cheers,
jrc

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!