P500 Pioneer 520 soft doors

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Just wondering if anyone has installed the Pioneer 520 soft doors yet? It seems the instructions say to remove the hard doors and not put them back on with the soft door. Anyone have any experience putting these on? thank you

Reactions: pappyo
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Just wondering if anyone has installed the Pioneer 520 soft doors yet? It seems the instructions say to remove the hard doors and not put them back on with the soft door. Anyone have any experience putting these on? thank you
I'm glad you posted this haha because I have them sitting in the garage ready to be installed...was going to tackle it this week. I messaged @pappyo, as he seems to be pretty handy with those sort of things.

Here is a link to the install instructions.....looks a little involved

Reactions: Remington
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
yes mine are in the garage as well. i have looked at the instructions and they do seem a bit involved. if you have a chance, can you look at the instructions and see if you think the solid doors that are on the machine need to be removed and do not go back on with the soft doors?

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
yes mine are in the garage as well. i have looked at the instructions and they do seem a bit involved. if you have a chance, can you look at the instructions and see if you think the solid doors that are on the machine need to be removed and do not go back on with the soft doors?

I'm pretty sure the original lower doors need to be removed....step #3:

520doors

• Wow
Reactions: JJ500
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
ok that's what i thought. just seems weird. i know the 500 doors are not removed and work with the soft doors. the 520 doors are supposed to fit better. i will tackle this as the weather turns - along with the rear panel which seems pretty straight forward.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
1st. Welcome yankeezone from Upstate N.Y
Red was the 1st color all other colors followed Honda & hopes they sell.

Have P520 Doors on P500.
Much better fit & user friendly. ( than the P500 doors that I took off & SOLD )
Lower P500 plastic door -- is taken off & NOT REUSED. ( Keep the latch from the plastic door to reuse with the P520 door )

If your looking to hold Heat there will be some gaps to seal up.
I used 1sided sticky Foam & foam garage door bottom seal.

The hardest task is removing OEM Hinge Screws Use Caution they Come Out Hard.
I pulled the hinge pin & door 1st. to gain better access to the hinge Screws.

The install is easy enough just takes TIME & Patients ( must be able to read the PICTURES ).
Note the Talon side mirrors ( found on ebay ) moved forward for viewing through windshield ( poor vision through waves in plastic side windows.)

20210830 133824

Last edited:
Reactions: Brmcg324 and Bigtee
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Thanks for the info and confirmation on the hard doors and the tips. I’m sure it will be tedious but I’m sure I will get it done. Thanks for the pic as well. Nice work around with the mirrors.

Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hey Pappyo, after looking at your photo i am wondering how the OPS covers install. Do they go under the windshield mounts? Also, it looks like they mount on TOP of the OPS A pillar bar? Any tips on this installation is appreciated.

Reactions: GrnP500 and pappyo
Y

Yankeezone

May 3, 2021
United states
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
I did get the doors out of the box and now have a much better understanding how they are attached to the 520 and such. thanks for all of your help.

P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
Over rollcage & NOT under windshield Mounts ( windshield Mounts are not disturbed ) the bubble in the plastic fits Over OEM Honda Windshield Clamps.
Once you get them in your hand & try to place them on it Will come together what has to be done.
Pay attention to the instructions & pictures when placing all straps & clamps on properly saves changing them later.

I heat my cab --- filled the air gaps with 1 Sided Sticky Foam Tape before installing.

Approach this as a simple installation & it will be. ( 1 step at a time process.)
Once you get started you Will understand what you need to do next.

20210830 133420 20210830 133449 20210224 100408 20210224 100323

crewcabrob

crewcabrob

Lifetime Member
May 7, 2018
Omaha
Ownership

1. 520
I really appreciate the pictures too! Thinking about having these for this winter. Would be nice to be totally out of the wind when driving around.

Rob

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
The hardest task is removing OEM Hinge Screws Use Caution they Come Out Hard.
I pulled the hinge pin & door 1st. to gain better access to the hinge Screws.
What size torx/Allen did you use to remove those screws?? I can't find anything that will remotely fit snug in the head. I've been sitting here staring at them debating on just taking it into the dealer and paying them to install the doors...I have the Honda manual, install instructions, and the owners manual in front of me and I cannot for the life of me figure out what size these bolt heads are.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
I would advise taking it to the dealer lol...hopefully they can get this focking thing off...couldn't get it even with screw extractor. These factory tightened screws with weird bits are driving me bonkers
PXL 20210906 195612208

PXL 20210906 195614674

Reactions: Bmurray
PJ1

PJ1

FIREBALL P-500
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 20, 2020
Massachusetts
Ownership

1. 500
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
Looks like a sucky job. I would try drilling them out a bit first then the extractor. Good luck.
It was brutal...spent a long time slowly trying to work the extractor in using multiple smaller drill bits. So weird...some of the screws previously have come out fairly easy, while others seemed like they were tightened by satan himself. Frustration nation over here - waiting on a call back from the service guys at the dealer now to see about labor cost to have them installed. I'm also going to ask if they have some sort of special bit I can also get for the screw heads.

Reactions: PJ1
P

pappyo

Dec 19, 2013
NEVER SLEEP???
You must have been - NAPPING - when I sent you the PM you requested.
I see you DID Find Out They Come Out Hard.
To Remove the Door - Remove the CLIP AT THE Bottom of the hinge pin - pull the pin up & out.
A size 5 Aallen Metric Socker ( 3/8 drive drive ) is what I used .
Lots ofPRESSURE pushing in & SLOW Firm PRESSURE to turn Ratchet. ( forget any power tool for this screw removal )
As for the stripped Head - Drill a small hole in the center - then Drill the Head OFF - the remaining threads will be much easier to deal with - after Bolt Head PRESSURE is released.

Reactions: crewcabrob and PJ1
rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
NEVER SLEEP???
You must have been - NAPPING - when I sent you the PM you requested.
I see you DID Find Out They Come Out Hard.
To Remove the Door - Remove the CLIP AT THE Bottom of the hinge pin - pull the pin up & out.
A size 5 Aallen Metric Socker ( 3/8 drive drive ) is what I used .
Lots ofPRESSURE pushing in & SLOW Firm PRESSURE to turn Ratchet. ( forget any power tool for this screw removal )
As for the stripped Head - Drill a small hole in the center - then Drill the Head OFF - the remaining threads will be much easier to deal with - after Bolt Head PRESSURE is released.
Haha I saw your PM...but it was already too late. I spent almost 2 hrs trying to get the 1 door hinge screw out -I'm doubtful that even if I would have gotten the hinge pin out, that it would have helped....and wasted a full day of hunting dicking around with it. (#nohomo)

Called the dealer this morning...$170 for them to install the doors. Dropping it off, picking it up, and done thinking about this debacle (they can deal with the stripped screw) 🤣 Good learning experience for anyone down the road though. I'm also going to ask them about the specific bit for those screws.

Reactions: crewcabrob and PJ1
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!