P700 Pioneer 700-2 hunting/toy build

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I might try to do the diff gears out of the p500 if I can figure a work around the speed sensor

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm just getting ready to do this same mod to mine more rock crawling than mud.
Did you have to put forward A arms on to get the 30's to fit?

Ckitting

Ckitting

Jan 30, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'm just getting ready to do this same mod to mine more rock crawling than mud.
Did you have to put forward A arms on to get the 30's to fit?
No, just a high lifter bracket lift in the front. It doesn’t rub. Tires measure out closer to 29 tho with 8 psi. I’m not sure how it would do with rock crawling...

Reactions: caverat
osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
They’re 30-9-14 terache aztex. For being really aggressive they actually ride really good on hard roads and pull like a train in mud.
Sorry was referring to smoking Joe but looking at the ones you have also. Have heard they pull nice

Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Me and a buddy turned the wheel where the tire was closest to the fender and jumped up and down on her to bottom out the suspension and had 1/4 clearance still...I wanted 30s but glad I went with what I did!

Reactions: Backwoods
Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
Have you broke anything yet? About to install heavy tie rods but curious might might be the next weak link? How long you been running them and what brand and or gen?

Reactions: Backwoods
Smoking Joe

Smoking Joe

Mar 27, 2021
Alaska
Ownership

1. 700-2
That looks awesome! I’ve got 14s and don’t plan on changing anytime soon. I’ll just shave the calipers if I have to. Im really wanting the low end gearing.
Took the wheeler out this weekend and the portals are BA! Definitely liking the low end power...I blasted thru mud holes that all the 1ks were getting stuck in!

Reactions: caverat and Mudwing
Ckitting

Ckitting

Jan 30, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Took the wheeler out this weekend and the portals are BA! Definitely liking the low end power...I blasted thru mud holes that all the 1ks were getting stuck in!
Good deal! I’m really really wanting to pull the trigger on some. I got stuck cutting a trail through a swamp in a potential hunting spot and my bike just didn’t have enough low end to pull through. Winch saved the day tho. If I do end up hunting it I don’t want to have to winch through every time. 🙄
I did add some tunes for the wife on the cruising days.

A161F1A9 CAF0 4F63 83AB E4F9AE2AD0B4

Ckitting

Ckitting

Jan 30, 2021
Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nice radio. What brand is it?
Ecoxgear 18” soundbar. Plenty loud enough and has a built in microphone so you can answer calls without pulling your phone out while connected.

C

caverat

Feb 3, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 700-2
just put them on mine haven gotten it out of town yet but the low end power now is amazing

Reactions: Smoking Joe