P1000 Pioneer Dynojet custom tuning.

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Does anyone know how or what is disabled to put a pioneer 1,000 on a dyno? If the front tires are not moving it won’t shift through the gears. I have a 2016 1,000 with a Dynojet V3 been working on custom tuning. I already got the MT to be a true manual with no thinking for itself. I got it shifting in reverse but then it starts acting like it hits a rev limiter soon as it shifts into second and you give it any throttle. But i also want to get it where in 2 wheel drive when it’s spinning it will shift. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Reactions: JenElio
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Does anyone know how or what is disabled to put a pioneer 1,000 on a dyno? If the front tires are not moving it won’t shift through the gears. I have a 2016 1,000 with a Dynojet V3 been working on custom tuning. I already got the MT to be a true manual with no thinking for itself. I got it shifting in reverse but then it starts acting like it hits a rev limiter soon as it shifts into second and you give it any throttle. But i also want to get it where in 2 wheel drive when it’s spinning it will shift. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks
I used a positap to jump the rear vss signal to the front at the ecu and unplugged the front connector. It did shift on my lift but not sure how it acts driving. The rear vss is on the subtrans. The rear diff vss is for the speedo.

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I used a positap to jump the rear vss signal to the front at the ecu and unplugged the front connector. It did shift on my lift but not sure how it acts driving. The rear vss is on the subtrans. The rear diff vss is for the speedo.
So basically you connected the front speed sensor to the rear speed sensor?

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How did you know what wire on the ecu was the signal wire to the rear vss? I’d like to try it and if works make it permanent

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
How did you know what wire on the ecu was the signal wire to the rear vss? I’d like to try it and if works make it permanent
The wiring diagram pinout in the shop manual.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Pretty sure it was B-15 and B-16
Screenshot 20200725 181631 Adobe Acrobat

advertisement
snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
View attachment 214531
Is that the rear VSS? I’m having trouble finding those wires on the ECU. Was that diagram for one with i4wheel?

That was for for a non-i4wd model. Yes that is considered the rear vss. Become a lifetime member on here and u can download that manual. I screenshoted the pdf manual i have on my phone.

Reactions: Flhoghunter
Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
That was for for a non-i4wd model. Yes that is considered the rear vss. Become a lifetime member on here and u can download that manual. I screenshoted the pdf manual i have on my phone.
cool good to know. Thanks for your time and help. I’ll have to wait till i get paid this week.

Flhoghunter

Flhoghunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Ok i became a lifetime member. Where on here do i download it? I’m new on here not sure how to navigate yet.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!