Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going through some old pictures it's dawned on me just how much fun we'd actually had in the Pioneer in the last 3 years.
My current 1000 hasn't been worth a s*** but we started on a 700-4 it was perfect for 2600 nothing failed. We absolutely beat the hell out of our first 1000 not aware clutch issues back then even pulled several cars and a Chev Tahoe from a ditch in reverse for it's very first weekend along with massive heavy snow. It was flawless in every way for 1600 till the infamous puddle that's caused some of us to snorkel these. That was an incredible rig!!!
Member @tjoreo mentioned something last night and it's made me look at the past in a more positive way.
The past is what makes you but doesn't control you, without risk you cannot add gain. I'll admit we are a little hard on things that's why we've always had Honda's but we like to get the most from things and not play it safe. If there is a problem with a rig we will find it before others. It's sucked to find those problems especially to post and have poor results from the factory but it's been fun sometimes to find those limits.
We've now had 3 Pioneers and really really loved 2. Mixed feelings on that other lol but it's been a hell of a ride! Met some awesome people and had some great rides. Good or bad my family has stayed in it and we will continue to! If someone isn't scratching or occasionally damaging their rig they are playing it safe without risk. Thats not our story! Most of these pictures have been seen here but a few new ones

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Day 1, straight from the dealership to a camping trip in the snow. This was on my birthday and became a present for the family
IMG 1145

IMG 1146

Next few weekends of shenanigans lol

IMG 1135

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Going from plain to bad ass in the back porch.
IMG 1144
Don't have a insulted garage but things get done. This was so much fun building!
IMG 1132
IMG 1142

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nighttime rides started early on. We ride with kids during the day and make sure things are about them but...adults need time too so that's how this all happened.
Learned fast that lights are a true necessity for us!
IMG 1133

This night ride caused this in the morning lol Apparently someone heard us out in the woods and saw the UFO playing tunes, she was cool about it though!
IMG 1131

On one night ride our Polaris broke down with 3 girls on it. Went back to camp in the Pioneer grabbed the trailer and continued the party! The tunes and lights were up and our girls dancing around the trailer was cool. Absolutely an awesome night.
IMG 1139

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
First day with the 1000!! Boy it's naked. Embarrassing lol
IMG 1123

First big weekend camping with the 1000. We ran this up a mile hill plowing up to 3ft of snow so our friends would make it to their cabin. We'd back up hit it make it a few feet and repeat. For hours and hours. Fell in love with this machine in every way. What a beast!
Day turned to night

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I wish I was as good at documenting my rides and trips as you are! It’s impressive CP!
I use to not be as good with it but it's so good to look back. Since the iPhone it's been pretty easy to do. Some memories bring smiles and sometimes tears that make you appreciate the smiles:)

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
That Ram 250!! What a truck!

Oh, yeah, great pics of the Pioneer.
It dropped maybe a 1/2inch with the Pioneers loaded. Never know they were there at all, didn't even effect it's 22mpg. I loved that old farm wagon. Want another just for camping but a 2wd 5speed

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Second camp weekend we weren't much easier on the 1000. It never hiccuped!
IMG 1116

Grabbed wood for the cold night.
Popo broke down yet again let my daughter tow her in
IMG 1120

Went for a log ride the following day

IMG 1149

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Next few months the 1000 was always running around, friends family and kids just loved it. No worries ever. Probably 20 different people ran it in varied degrees of ability. A true Honda. 1650 miles in just a couple months and mainly in the trails.
IMG 1119

IMG 1130
IMG 1126
IMG 1129
IMG 1118
It pulled some logs around and others not so much lol
IMG 1121
IMG 1122

Ran up to mt. Baldy and still snow but it was that bs type super crunchy got pulled into ditch,took a bit to get out of that one. Shoveled it ran the hell out of it and finally with winch to a couple dirt bikes on good ground she pulled out. We were so pissed off for a couple hours but turned into a favorite story!
IMG 1124

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Was sure fun to pull wheel stands with this rig! @Delton and I had a friendly competition going for awhile,he was the first up though! Lots of fun to do around Polaris guys, good times. This rig was so solid

Helped flip back over a few kids in a Yota one night. They followed us till they were uncomfortable in the trails. We thought they were good because of ability in the trails so just got them back to camp. Came back a few hours later and found their truck upside down on a dirt road, speed and slick conditions the fault. Stick to the trails during late night rides, speed is a killer! Stayed helping until the sun came up
IMG 1141

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anyone that knows us knows night ride are our thing. I've got more time hard wheeling at night then daytime for sure. Good lighting will show obstacles and terrain profiles much better then daytime. Plus kids in bed lol:)
IMG 1152

Nothing better then cruising 5 people at once tunes turned up sharing great experiences. The Pioneer 1000-5 does that better then any rig!!! Not following a Pioneer in a 1000-4 Popo in our woods I'm sure @Plumber32 @tmjm76691 @WillyBill @HoundDog and a couple others will agree.
IMG 1153

Light is your best friend. Even during daytime you don't have good enough light to get around through here without massive lighting added. Front rear sides it all helps. Some don't need it but I feel we do. Lighting on our first gen 1000 doesn't touch PJ because of this. We learn off each build what's best for us. Most important is placement vs. watts. Only so much output so it's important not to just put light somewhere lol. And for us it can't stick out to snag or break.
IMG 1154

The Pioneer has smooth sides from tires to roof so as long as the nose enters to some degree you can do a 180 sitting against a tree. Even our ultra maneuverable Wolverine 700 cannot do this because of the narrow body. Adding wheel spacers or wider wheels takes away some as well. These will never be added to our machine because of the tightness of our preferred riding. Again the Pioneer platform is flat out the best for some things, it's a pleasure to ride and perfect for us

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
One night ride we stumbled into coming down what local dirt bike guys call Clutch Burner Hill. It was raining fierce on an already slick clay surface. Tough to tell o video but it's steep by even my standards lol. f***! Pioneer did better then my nerves on this one.
Once down we took a long beer break! What a rush sometimes though but had things gotten bad it was a long way down with just ruts or stumps to "stop" you. Another day we talk a lot about and ignore this hill while wet but enjoy other times.

Cruising the trails with 5 something isn't enough. The 1000 trailered people multiple times. This was one of my favorite. We strapped a couch and 4 camp chairs to the Trailer and took off. Later in the night as it got cold we strapped our propane firepit in the center for warmth.
Picked up a newlywed couple a couple camps down and showed them the woods. Awesome night! 3-4mph most of the time with 14 people one machine and she never grumbled just kept trucking along. That 1st 1000 we owned was like most out there it just went and proved it was a Honda

Last edited:
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I just wanted to share some of the better times we've had. Sick of all the negativity involved with the past few months. Proof that in most Pioneers the clutches will hold up even with our driving lol. For many of the newer people that have only heard of issues from our machine this is why I've loved the Pioneer! I'll get it right one day and this is why we keep going and trying, when life pushes you push back harder:)

Last edited: