Pioneer or keep my Rhino?

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Hello all! I am a new member from Alabama and am currently a 700 Rhino owner. I've owned several atv's over the years (honda-8, yamaha-2, polaris-1) and have always been partial to Honda. The 300 Honda could flip down a mountain, swim a creek and keep on ticking. Not so much with the polaris and yamaha. With that being said, Honda has always produced tough, rugged and reliable products. When I sold my last Honda (500es 4x4 w/ ps), I purchased the Rhino that I have now. The Rhino is fun and pretty reliable, but it's not a honda. When the big red debuted I went and checked one out and decided it was the ugliest sxs I had ever seen and that's why I bought the Rhino. Since purchasing the Rhino, I've been stranded twice and have thought about selling and going back to Honda. I am really interested in the Pioneer, but have a few concerns after reading posts and reviews. 1. After reading a few reviews about lack of power and stalling out climbing hills and rocks, I'm concerned I will be disappointed. There's nothing more aggravating than something not doing what you want it to do. 2. The rhino has low and high range, the pioneer doesn't. Is this a concern or is the power/gearing sufficient for what I will be doing? I haven't test drove a Pioneer yet b/c I can't find one. This could be a good sign? Any help will be appreciated in making my decision. Thanks guys.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Jjau06, I haven't experienced a lack of power or needed a low range.

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
I haven't had need for a low range either,and have been towing a drag around keep my trails open in the snow. I've had it stall on me a couple times but it does this only if your under a heavy load and let your foot off the gas suddenly.If you let your foot off gradual it doesn't stall.BTW it starts right up. I can't say how reliable the Honda is at this time seeing I've only started driving it around now that I have it set up the way I want. Time will tell and if its anything like the Honda 3 wheeler that we used to have and the Honda 50 s and Honda 70 s I'll be a very happy guy.LOL

jjau06

jjau06

Feb 22, 2014
Thanks, I'm a die hard honda fan and hope to get to test drive one soon. My dealer said they would have some in by the end of March and I could go ahead and put a deposit down to reserve one... Thanks for your help!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!