P1000 Pioneer runs then randomly shuts off.

0860silverado

Lifetime Member
May 25, 2017
louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I sent you a message. I would like to get the old connector back to inspect it.

I will also send you replacements free once I find your old order.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
I've already tossed out my replacement club pigtail, but I did do an up close inspection of it. (I have a de-pinning tool set). The actual crimped section of the wire and the crimp itself were perfect...like brand new. What actually failed were the copper strands were broken under the insulation at the point where it exits the body of the plug. That tells me that it's not actually the pigtail that was defective, but instead, the wires at the exit part of the pigtail plug hinge back and forth a little bit with each power stroke. After millions of little flex cycles, the copper conductors experienced metal fatigue and broke inside the insulation. I noticed this wiggling of the injector wires when I started my machine after my last repair, so I took up all the slack and zip-tied it to the surrounding wire bundle that was securely mounted to the engine with a strap. I'm convinced that if everyone did this to their injector wires, we wouldn't have any failures! Hope this helps guys.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I've already tossed out my replacement club pigtail, but I did do an up close inspection of it. (I have a de-pinning tool set). The actual crimped section of the wire and the crimp itself were perfect...like brand new. What actually failed were the copper strands were broken under the insulation at the point where it exits the body of the plug. That tells me that it's not actually the pigtail that was defective, but instead, the wires at the exit part of the pigtail plug hinge back and forth a little bit with each power stroke. After millions of little flex cycles, the copper conductors experienced metal fatigue and broke inside the insulation. I noticed this wiggling of the injector wires when I started my machine after my last repair, so I took up all the slack and zip-tied it to the surrounding wire bundle that was securely mounted to the engine with a strap. I'm convinced that if everyone did this to their injector wires, we wouldn't have any failures! Hope this helps guys.
Thanks for the feedback.
Ya, it is most certainly linked to the vibrations of the motor.

We went up in wire size compared to factory, also added 1 inch of double wall shrink tube right at the connector in order to try and keep it locked to the connector.

What other changes can be made to prevent this? I guess a focus on zipping it correctly.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!