Pioneer Starts and Quits

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
Sometimes when I start my Pioneer it runs for 2 seconds and quits, I restart it and it is fine, any ideas?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I bet it only does it when you start it in D or R. Never when you start in N.

Ya, this is normal. You should wait about 15-30 seconds for it to build oil pressure. If you just crank and go it will do that. You will notice it more when cold. When cold you should let it run maybe 90 seconds or so to warm up. That's my suggestion anyways.

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
I will try starting in neutral, I bet it solves the problem. Waiting for it to build pressure before driving is not the issue, it literally shuts off in 1-2 seconds, before I have a chance to even think about moving.

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
I will have to do a bit of testing but I think it dies without touching the gas. It sounds like an electrical cut out.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
On the Rincon there is a sensor somewhere. If you crank it in gear and you do not give it a few second or so it will cut off every time. Its just like you said, like someone flipped the kill switch.

Y

Yooper

Sep 17, 2013
It was cool this morning, about 50. I put the tranny in neutral and it started without cutting out, problem solved. Thanks for the help.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!