P1000 Pioneer Windshield travel cover

S

Siyakadog

Nov 7, 2020
Nw iowa
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
Hello all, I just got a 1000-5 about a month ago. I was wondering if you guys use a windshield travel cover. I use it for ice fishing and this afternoon on the way home it was melting some on the highways and my front windshield is covered in road grime. I would like a quick easy windshield cover that removes easy just for transport. With our climate washing the windshield the morning of at the lake isn't really practical. Thanks

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Anything that touch the windshield during travel will scratch the windshield. I ruined my full windshield with a tarp. Since then I have used the peal off disposable film to protect it from the tarp. Works well. Kind of like the peal off google protectors the racers use. I found some specifically for plastic, but can't find the name of them. When I stumble across it I'll let you know.

As long as you don't leave it on for weeks this should work well: TRIMACO 24 in. x 50 ft. 2 mil Hard Surface Protection Film-72450 - The Home Depot

D

donia

Sep 25, 2020
Miss’ippi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Scroll to the bottom of the page.
..for glass windshields. It says it is for Rzr, but I got one for pioneer 1000 from Fred when having issues keeping the glass in the frame at interstate speed (open-air trailer).

Last edited:
Reactions: TimG
R

rickoshea

i use rock tamers,but i also pull a boat all fishing season so it was worth the money.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!