Pioneer! yes or no?

4trax4ever

Feb 19, 2014
well I once was a sport atv rider, but recently I grenade'd my motor and I have always wanted to get a side by side to use for just a little work but more for play. Im a di-hard Honda fan! so Im asking advice does the pioneer satisfy your adrenaline needs or should I be thinking of getting a 700xx. Im only 25 but I think and act like an old man I feel like driving around in the mudd with a cooler full and seeing what kind of crazy s*** I can do with a sxs could be a ball! but I also still love to go fast and rip through tight trails as well crawl around on big dirt/rock/snow piles and log piles. This is where Im hesitant because I dont believe I could fill that void with a pioneer!

so Ideas, comments or advice?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
It doesn't sound like a Pioneer is the SxS for you.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Yep, Sounds like you are waiting on the Pioneer Sport!

And so are we! Cant wait.

Though the Pioneer will do many of the things on your list it is not a speed demon. If you are looking for hill jumper or anything of the such then I suggest you wait for the sport!

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree with the the first two. A sport would be what you're looking for. While the Pioneer is capable it's not designed for jumping and setting your hair on fire.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Now, if you need a lot of pull to drag that 2000lb Polaris back to the truck. The the Pioneer is for you.

A

ALPioneer

Jan 27, 2014
ohanacreek said:
Hondasxs said:
Now, if you need a lot of pull to drag that 2000lb Polaris back to the truck. The the Pioneer is for you.

+1

+2. Speed it does not have. Reliability and strength, of course.

K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
They are now saying they are going to Release all 4 Honda sxs's at one time. Only time will tell. I like my pioneer so far its done everything I wanted to do only think I wish was different was the Beer holders on the dash instead of in the doors.

hondaslob524

hondaslob524

Feb 4, 2014
Upper Michigan (yooper)
kyhunter said:
They are now saying they are going to Release all 4 Honda sxs's at one time. Only time will tell. I like my pioneer so far its done everything I wanted to do only think I wish was different was the Beer holders on the dash instead of in the doors.

I totally agree! When I test drove one I didnt see any beer holders until the dealer pointed them out! I tried putting one in there but I didnt like it so i just held on to it!

Dick

Dick

Dec 29, 2013
N.B. Canada
hondaslob524 said:
kyhunter said:

I totally agree! When I test drove one I didnt see any beer holders until the dealer pointed them out! I tried putting one in there but I didnt like it so i just held on to it!

Beer holders were designed for stealth, like all things Honda safety first! ;)

advertisement
K

kyhunter

Oct 30, 2013
I almost think something like this will work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 572
T

Tackle83

Feb 13, 2014
All i can say is.. i have taken my pioneer thru some nasty stuff and most of the time i make it just fine ( by nasty stuff i mean if you step out you will be in about 14 to 18 in of mud). I have buried it 3/4 up the doors and had my cooler floating in the front. It ran the entire time. once i was winched out it kept going for more. I live in Florida and we have trails and lots of mud and water.

With a couple mods bigger tires this thing will do alot. With the reliability and being the work horse that it is, i see many good things in the future.

fishin2Dmax

fishin2Dmax

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2013
Utah
4trax4ever said:
well I once was a sport atv rider, but recently I grenade'd my motor and I have always wanted to get a side by side to use for just a little work but more for play. Im a di-hard Honda fan! so Im asking advice does the pioneer satisfy your adrenaline needs or should I be thinking of getting a 700xx. Im only 25 but I think and act like an old man I feel like driving around in the mudd with a cooler full and seeing what kind of crazy s*** I can do with a sxs could be a ball! but I also still love to go fast and rip through tight trails as well crawl around on big dirt/rock/snow piles and log piles. This is where Im hesitant because I dont believe I could fill that void with a pioneer!

so Ideas, comments or advice?

I agree with the others, I had a RZR and loved it for the adrenaline rush of the speed and crazy stuff I could do with it. However, I also got really tired of walking back to my truck and trailer (clutch and belt issues). With all that power came reliability issues! Hopefully Honda will come out with a sport model that gives us adrenaline junkies the best of both worlds (reliability and power). In the interim, I've grown to really like my reliable and versatile Pioneer.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!