P700 Pipe on plow edge

Ekimdoog

Ekimdoog

Sep 19, 2022
Freeport, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
I see lots of posts re: 2” pvc on plow edge. That diameter seems more likely to provide surface area so that it will ride up on top of snow. Just cut and slid 1” pipe on. No snow yet. But hoping it works when it snows and gravel road hasn’t frozen yet. Anyone used the smaller diameter pipe? Am I missing something?
Thanks
Mike in Maine

Ekimdoog

Ekimdoog

Sep 19, 2022
Freeport, ME
Ownership

1. 700-4
78FC9E34 9229 4D90 8F76 E1E285113685

Reactions: jenk61 and CID
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I see lots of posts re: 2” pvc on plow edge. That diameter seems more likely to provide surface area so that it will ride up on top of snow. Just cut and slid 1” pipe on. No snow yet. But hoping it works when it snows and gravel road hasn’t frozen yet. Anyone used the smaller diameter pipe? Am I missing something?
Thanks
Mike in Maine

That'll probably work in the fluff, don't know how well it'll do with packed snow. I went with the conveyor belt edge. Haven't plowed with it yet but, as rigid as this stuff is, I'm pretty optimistic.

Plow Rubber

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would imagine that it will work well. I ended up using some bigger 2 3/8" pipe just because that's what I had sitting around. I like it so much that I just never took it off. It just slides right over the gravel and leaves just enough snow to pack it down.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!